December 7, 2013

Our New Morning Struggle

I hinted about this problem in one of my past posts this week, but let me tell you more about it today. Well, it's feeling especially fresh this morning because it's already 9:45 in the morning and I just sat at my desk to begin working. I should've begun working almost 2 hours ago.

This is a big deal for me because I am soooo OC with schedule. Home schedule that is.

So what is this daily morning struggle?

Well, in the beginning, like most moms of newborn babies, I used to struggle with sleep - or the lack thereof. During Yuri's first two months, I considered myself lucky if I get 2 or 3 straight hours of sleep. 4 hours of sleep felt like heaven. Fortunately, despite Yuri's being colicky, he began sleeping straight through the night at 4 months.

Now, the tables have been turned. As someone who is very OC about our routine, I needed structure and a proper wake-up time. It used to be 6 am. Then it became 7. Nowadays, I'm not so sure. Aside from Yuri's tendency to oversleep, it's becoming harder to coax him out of bed.

Yes, like a schooler, Yuri's already beginning to have very minor tantrums whenever I tell him, "Bangon na, baba na tayo." And it's not because he's overtired ha, because our bedtime ranges from 8-8:30 pm.

So when he wakes up at 7:30, it takes 15 more minutes of my coaxing and Yuri's delaying tactics. Here are my pieces of evidence:

Me: Yuri, let's go na.
Yuri: Mama, lamiiiig!
Me: Yuri, baba na tayo!
Yuri: Read magazines mama! (Of course, he did not say that.)
Me: Yuri, bangon na!
Yuri: Mama tuyog!
No words = the beginning of a tantrum!
Adorable tantrum-ing baby!
Me: Sige na Yuri, baba na tayo.
Yuri: Noooo. Ayaw.
Me: Please Yuri?
Yuri: *deep sigh*

See how harsh sunlight is already pouring through the window? :-P

To be honest, I kind of enjoy watching Yuri with his very-minor tantrums whenever I ask him to "bangon na." That's why I repeat the request over and over again. Well, Yuri is still a young toddler who still looks adorable and hardly like a monster, but I might eat my words in the near future. Wag sana! Hahaha!

So don't take this post seriously. Yes, I have to say that even if it might be obvious. I actually like the fact that Yuri oversleeps and likes staying in bed (with me) in the mornings. Also, it gives us more time to read books and cuddle. And yes, I know sleep is crucial to his health and growth.

The question is how am I ever going to work at 8am again? Hahaha!

Mommies, do you have the same problem with your toddlers? For those who have yet to experience this, mine is 20-months old - for your reference!

_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...