December 19, 2013

The Battle of the Bags

So Job and I aren't officially "together" now (Woah! Shocking, right? I will write about this in a future post). However, he insisted that I still get a bag for myself. Months back, he asked me what I would like for Christmas. He knows that I'm not very fond of surprises when it comes to material things - I'm very fickle-minded and OC; I even weigh the pros and cons of every planner out there before I finally decide on one!

Anyway, I digress. So he asked me what I would like for Christmas. The first thing I said was "a blender" because my blender broke down a few weeks ago. However, he did not like the idea of giving me a blender!  So un-romantic! Haha! He told me I should buy a bag because, well, I have been bugging about my lack of bags since forever. He knows that I have a number of bags, but I want a new bag that fits my current lifestyle! *sniff*

Since he knows I like to choose what to buy and weigh the pros and cons, he gave me the go-signal to choose my bag. Here are my requirements (yes, requirements talaga!):

  1. It should be nylon. Nylon is a good material for a bag because first, it is waterproof, and second, I need a light bag. Yuri might be light for his age, but it certainly doesn't feel like it!
  2. It should have genuine leather trims. I don't want synthetic leather because I want a bag that would last for years, not months.
  3. It should be roomy. Do I really need to explain this? :-)
  4. It should have a sling. I'm a sling person; I was never a shoulder bag person. Of course, my bag should be versatile. If I feel like using it as a hand bag, I should be able to! But on regular days when I'm chasing Yuri around, I should be able to wear it in a sling and not have to worry about it.
  5. It should be affordable. Job didn't specify a price, but I know he'll appreciate if I don't buy a bag that is too expensive because we need to be frugal. Remember: live within your means!

I have already found very ideal bags at Cuzo. Here are the top three contenders (all photos are from the Cuzo website):

Miranda (Black and Blue) - P1,995
Miranda (Blue) - P1,500
Carla (Blue-Brass) - on sale at P1,000
Aren't they all pretty? Nylon, check! Genuine leather, check! Roomy, check! Sling, check! Affordable, check! Check, check, check!

I have finally decided which to buy yesterday and, along with a gift to my mom, I already wanted to check it out. Alas! Walang BPI sa mode of payment! OMG! I don't have a BDO account, and I'm not planning on going outside the house to deposit over the counter. I also don't want to risk using my Paypal account because we have been hacked (actually, I should write about that!).

So now I'm back to square 1. I'm at a total loss. I tried looking for other bags in other shopping websites, but I can't seem to find any pretty bags with lightweight but high-quality materials like the Cuzo bags. Where should I buy a bag? I'm stressing over it, and for crying out loud, it's just a bag!

PS: I really like Longchamp Lepliages, but they're too expensive for a nylon bag - at least in my opinion. There are also some sellers over Instagram who sell them for cheap and claim they are authentic, but for 2,500 a bag, you've got to be kidding me! People, real Longchamps cost 7k pataas. I would rather spend my P2,500 on a locally-made leather bag than on a designer knock-off!

_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...