March 24, 2014

Baby Steps to Domesticity

I don't know how to cook.

Sure, I know how to make basic adobo or prito-prito, and I can whip up the most basic desserts and snacks, and while the interest and willingness to learn are there, what held me back from really learning how to cook are two things:

1. Our stove/oven is not in its perfect state. One can only use it using matches, and I'm a bit pyrophobic.

2. The measurements scare me.

Okay, I'm sure you weren't expecting the second reason, but if you were a keen observer, you would notice that all "lazy recipes" I posted didn't have actual measurements! In fact, what I did was only copy the recipes from the blogs I referred to (credited, of course), but what I did in reality was only estimate the measurements.

It would have been fine if the recipe only called for teaspoons and tablespoons, but what happens to recipes with actual required grams of ingredients? Scary.

But because I want to be a kitchen goddess someday and I cannot yet buy a new oven, I know I need to be a measurement maven (and only estimate when I already know what I'm doing!).

So when Tmart.com emailed me and asked me to review one of their products, I immediately chose to write about the kitchen scale.

I know, out of all the things to review, kitchen scale pa talaga? Well, the thing is I really want one and I don't have use for the other options anyway. Also, out of the options, it was the one I feel I could really use in the long run. And it's a decision I don't regret because the actual scale looked really good.

Presenting, the Tmart Kitchen Scale:


Don't you think it's handsome? My son actually mistook it for a tablet hehe. In the photos above, I used it to measure a cup of corn which he ate for lunch. I don't need to measure it, but it helps to know how much he can consume.

I really like it because it can help me in many ways:
1. Measure (!) ingredients for pseudo-baking (hehe)
2. Measure my food when I'm in the mood (or when I need) to count calories.
3. Measure just anything in the house for educational purposes!

In the following days, we weighed a lot of things, from light things like flash disks and feathers...

to heavy stuff like books and shoes!

See, education doesn't depend on books alone! :-) (Of course, this was more for my little sister and less for my little son who doesn't fully understand numbers yet.)

The final thing I like about it is the transaction I've had with Tmart. I didn't order from them, but from the time I told them what I want to review, the process has been very smooth. Also, even if they are shipping products from another country, it arrived swiftly to my home. The transaction I've had with Tmart is, indeed, better than some of the local companies I've dealt with!

(And you know how I deal with online shopping companies very often. Hehe.)

Now I understand why it has a lot of good reviews.

_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...