March 1, 2014

Long Day Friday

On Thursday night, I prayed to have these things in my heart: patience, wisdom, understanding and compassion. To be honest, I pray for these every night (more often during workouts), but I didn't know I will be fully tested come Friday.

1. Yaya Woes

It started  during the morning, when it wasn't 9:30am yet and I have already "spoken" to Honey three times. I do not really scold her (I leave that to the elders), but I do make "sermon." The first one was when she took forever in the bathroom taking a shower. She's really vanidosa, and I've come to accept it. The problem was that we were alone in the house, and I tried to teach Yuri to pee in the bathroom. Inevitably, he peed on me. We couldn't change because all our clothes are upstairs and we were dripping wet. I called to Honey and told her na bilisan ang pagligo.

So after around 40 minutes, she finally came out of the bathroom. I thought we could change na. Hala, she took another 20 minutes upstairs. What is she doing? Fixing her hair? Doing her makeup? Haller, andito lang kami sa bahay. I was really exasperated because Yuri and I stunk with pee already, and she, the yaya, is applying creams whatsoever pa on her face. Lord, help.

The second time that morning that I sermoned was when she ate all freshly cooked chorizo, while the rest of us ate the leftover pancit from last night's dinner. I left some pancit for her, but yes, she chose to ate the freshly cooked food which was supposed to be our lunch. The third time she got another sermon from me because she and the neighbor's yaya spent maybe around 20 minutes chismisan. I looked out the window and saw that she just carried Yuri over her arm and her entire attention was directed toward the other yaya. I didn't want to scold her right then and there para hindi mapahiya. Hay Lord!

2. Neighbor Woes

Some of you might have already known na kontra ko talaga ang maingay. I understand if it's noisy in school, inside the classroom, in the mall, or where else, because noise is perfectly acceptable in these places. However, I really get irritated when people bawl out at the karaoke in the middle of a guarded subdivision. I even wrote about this before. The problem with before is that the people singing (or just plainly making noise) lived outside the subdivision, so I couldn't do anything about it.

Yesterday, though, the noisy people lived just on our street. In fact, they live just after a vacant lot beside our house. Naman, tanghaling tapat, they're singing their hearts out to music like Pusong Bato. And it's Yuri's siesta time, so the Tiger Mom in me was really irritated. Actually, I felt insulted because these people have no regard for other people. Worse, they don't even live here. They are just visitors of the woman married to this foreigner.

I called the guards first. I told them of my complaint, and would you believe the guard who answered me only said, "Ma'am, wala pong nagvi-videoke." Can you believe that? May CCTV ba kayo sa bawat bahay? My gosh! I didn't have a choice but to take the matter into my own hands. I went to the neighbors' house and told them that we get disturbed by their singing, and it would have been okay, but my son is already sleeping. Keep in mind that I spoke to them in a very reverent manner. Just when I was about to return home, somebody made parinig. I didn't really understand what she said, so I'll leave you to your imaginations with that.

Of course, I called the guards again and told them they should not have dismissed my complaint so easily when my complaint was true after all. Hay Lord. However, they did quiet down after I went to their house, so all's well that ends well.

After that, I was so stressed that I resorted to eating this fruit bar:
My only consuelo was that one bar has only around 80 calories. Say what?

3. Teeny-Bopper Woes

Another thing that has been stressing me lately, which is also the reason why I wasn't able to write decent blog posts, was my sister's project. Together with her BFFs, they are supposed to create a music video for their computer class. Truth be told, I was excited to help them with their music video!

I already had ideas in mind, which entailed wholesome but still popular songs, where we can create kid-friendly and easy-to-make music videos. However, the teeny boppers were insistent on using this hiphop song. I cautioned them that the only music video we can do if we use that music is a dance video. I thought they understand, so I told them that by the time they arrive at our house (their venue), dapat complete na steps nila because I'm no choreographer.

They arrived yesterday at around 4pm. They spent an hour and a half playing, mostly with Yuri. I gently reminded them to prepare their dance steps na since they really want to use the hip hop song. I thought they were already prepared since they were very lax (kids!). Before you tell me that they were just being kids, here's my defense: even as a very young child, I was already very uptight! Haha, so forgive me for my high expectations.
Now, they finally decided to go to the playground (the actual venue) at 5:30pm. I went with them bringing my camera with me. Imagine my reaction when I saw them still planning what to do! They only had 32 counts worth of steps prepared! I practiced patience and waited for them to finish practicing. Lo and behold, wala nang araw. If I take a video, they would look like shadows dancing. Hahaha.

Actually, what stressed me about this experience is the fact that I missed one hour of work just to accommodate them. Hay the things we do for love.
The great thing about this is that they finally understood my suggestion and realized that it's a brilliant one. Ehem, ehem. Well, it's not really that brilliant, but I'm sure they would love seeing themselves on this video rather than on a dance video. Another great thing is that my sister's parents (who are also my parents hahaha!) and her friends' parents understood my point and defended it. Yeah ba! The best thing is that my sister's friend's parents brought a box of Kuilan's cassava cake. I'm craving for it right now!

Today, this afternoon, in particular, we are scheduled to have a real shooting. Wish us luck! Bless our shooting, Lord!
_________________________

My friend, George, hit it on the spot when she said, "Maan, you've had a long day." What a perfect way to describe my day! Haha!

It's a good thing, though, that I have this promise to hold on to:
Psalm 54:4
Surely God is my help; the Lord is the one who sustains me.
So,these are what happened on my Friday. How did your Friday go? Have a great weekend!

_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...