April 30, 2014

Overheard from the Daycare Center that was our House

Okay, our house is no daycare center, but it surely looks like one these summer days!

The days are longer during summer, and since the sun's so incredibly powerful these days (ganito ba last year??), we stay inside the house until at least 5pm. There are days when it still feels like high noon at 5:30!
But when the sun finally calms down, that's when a few kids from the neighborhood begin coming over, one by one.
This doesn't include the group of the older kids.

I love it because as a child, I lived farthest from where my friends lived. Ergo, play dates almost never happened in our house. Aside from the location, they were also afraid of my father who used to have a large, booming voice. I swear, I used to know where my father was just by listening to how loud or weak his voice was.

Anyway, I'm getting off track. Our current house, because of its location on the main road, became the meeting place of kids. It's also because all lots surrounding our house are empty, and we know kids love empty lots! So in the afternoon, our house becomes like a mini-daycare center with several kids and a handful of yayas. As much as I would like to join the fun, I'm still working during that time!

As for me, I like having many kids in the house not only because the house becomes livelier but also because Yuri gets to practice his socialization skills. Despite being the youngest (all the other kids are about 3 and older), he knows almost each kid by name.

So far, there's not been an issue with sharing, too. Way to go, kids!

Another thing that I like about having many people around are the conversations I get to eavesdrop to unintentionally hear. Here are a few I remember:

Honey, Yuri's yaya to a 6-year old boy, MJ
Honey: MJ, diba kayo yung may prosti?
(My eyes widened when I heard this.)
MJ: Ano yan?
Honey: Prosti gud. Diba may prosti kayo sa bahay nyo?
MJ: Anong prosti?
Honey: Yung benta nyo gud?
MJ: Ah, ice candy

Photo: http://www.dmc.com.ph/ 

Honey: Oo yun. Prosti man tawag dun.



Honey (again) with 4-year old Princess
Princess: Saan ate ni Yuri?
Honey: Wala man kapatid si Yuri. Sya lang man mag-isa.
Princess: Ha? Bakit ako, may ate? Walang kapatid si Yuri?
Honey: Wala,tita meron. Pero wala syang kapatid or ate.
(In a hushed voice)
Princess: Bakit? Namatay?
Neighbor's yaya (sorry, the name escapes me) to Princess' mom
Princess' mom: Halika na, uwi na tayo, gabi na.
Princess: Mamaya na!
Neighbor's yaya: Sige lang ate maya-maya uwi na kaming lahat
Princess' mom: Haha enjoy pa kasi sya oh. Taga-saan nga kayo?
Yaya: Jan lang po sa kanto
Princess' mom: Ah, sino alaga mo?
Yaya (pointing to Princess): Yan po
Princess' mom: Ha? Anak ko to eh! Hindi ko alam may yaya pala sya. Hahaha
Yaya: Ay sorry po! Haha eto pala!
And finally, Yuri and a 5-year old girl. While playing, Yuri sits down and doesn't budge.
Yuri: Tumba Yuri?
Honey: Hindi oi, sit lang yan. Tara play pa tayo.
5yo girl: Hindi na sya makatayo kasi sobrang bigat nya kasi soooobrang taba nya!
If this is fat, I'd hate to know what thin is. Scratch that. If this is fat, ano ako? Hahaha. Remind me to neveeeer show myself to this girl eveeer! Hehehe.

I look forward to secretly observing the playdates and silently overhearing their conversations hehe. Boy do I love to be a fly on the wall!

PS: This is actually my 400th post! Woah!

_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...