June 13, 2014

Things I Want to Buy for Yuri But Can't (Yet)

There are things we can afford and then there are things we can buy if we wanted to but choose not to (yet) because it's not a top priority.

I seriously hope I'm not the one who thinks like that. Otherwise, it would just confirm my suspicion that I'm inherently kuripot. Hahaha. Well, my mom's an ultimate kuripot, so I shouldn't wonder!

Now I really don't have any problems about buying anything for myself. I'm well-trained at delayed gratification. For example, mason jars are really cheap and I first got fascinated by them May of last year but actually bought them last April. What a long wait!

But for "Yuri Stuff" or things that Yuri doesn't really need but mama wants, I can't wait for too long. I hesitate to shop for my own clothes but would buy Yuri ones even if he doesn't need them just as long as it fits the budget!

Now I'm hoping that you're secretly agreeing with me all along. Most moms siguro do, right? If you don't have a secret no-occasion list for your kid, I'm pretty sure you'll get some ideas from mine below. I apologize in advance! Hee hee!

1. Stainless Steel Cup

This is more of a need than a want because Yuri's cups need to retire. However, I can't buy one yet because, frankly, they are not exactly cheap and I want to choose the best one.

His straw cup is icky (ew, that's what you get from buying cheap), while his 1 1/2 year old Avent is starting to leak. Also, I just found out that even BPA-free plastics are still dangerous. I will save the details for another post.
Image: http://www.zebebe.com

My options are CamelBak Stainless Steel (pictured), KidBasix Sporter Cup, and Thermos Foogo.

2. Milk jars

I'm not veering away from the drinnking cup topic just yet. The one above should address his on-the-go drinking needs but I also need a new non-plastic cup to use at home.
Image from Instagram account, kitchencountermnl

My first option was a Tramontina stainless steel cup - but it's too pricey! 600 for a small cup! No way, Jose. So maybe I'll buy small milk bottles and try to look for covers. I'll hope for the best.

EDIT: Just ordered a set of the milk bottles. Sorry.



3. New Shoes

Yuri just had two new pairs of sandals but one is still too large for him while the other is already showing signs of wear. I thought Pitter Pat was a sturdy brand. Sayang.

But aside from the sandal probs, Yuri's shoes are already getting tighter. I think we may need to upsize soon. I'm still not decided what brand to buy although I think it would be really cool to have a little pair of Converse.
Photo from eBay

(I still want a pair of Salt Waters, but I also saw leather sandals from Florsheim that are as handsome. Same price but at least it's here in Davao! But Job says wait until the boy goes to school. Huhu)

4. Colored Shorts

I don't know. Yuri doesn't have that many clothes naman, but for a 2-year old boy who only goes out 3-4 times a month, I know they're more than enough. But I wish I can buy him a pair of colored shorts to add variety to his outfit choices (not that he cares).
Photo: www.chiccheapnursery.com


5. More Books!

Can any Yuri Wishlist of mine be complete without books? I actually want to buy him books again, but I'll try to wait for a little while in case something comes up that needs to be paid. Or, who am I kidding, in case there's a sale.


.........................................................

As you may see, there are no toy entries here. Since I started keeping majority of Yuri's toys and letting him play with only a few (I realized I don't have time to do the toy rotation thing), he's been less keen on getting toys, too! He prefers creative and physical play, most of which are not really dependent on toys. I really should write a post about this soon!

Sooo what are your secret wishlists for your children? I'm sure you have at least one. Do share!


_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...