July 21, 2014

School Blues 2: Still School Shopping

My 2-year old completed all 4 puzzles on his own a week ago! Yay!

Yes, I'm not over toddler school yet.

Before I go on, let me just say I'm really sad that I didn't get to see Team Kramer yesterday at Abreeza Mall. Yun na sana yun eh! Makikita ko na sana si #scarletdoll! But basing on the photos on Instagram, it's a good thing Yuri and I didn't go. Grabe ang crowd!

Okay, so much for the intermission. So I'm still thinking about toddler school. Why? Two reasons. First, it's fun. Second, if I'm not thinking about toddler school, I'm thinking about Titanic. Hindi na naman ako makagetover simply because I decided to watch it in its entirety again last Saturday. Even though I've seen it a thousand times already (exagg), it's still such an emotional torment for me! I just felt inspired to watch it again after answering this and now I'm suffering. But I have no regrets. *cue tears*

Anywaaaay, I'm rambling. Ang dami ko nang intermissions so let's get straight to the point. After writing about our "School Blues" 2 weeks ago, I received mixed responses. Most told me 3 years old is too early. But an old classmate of mine (Hi, Alyza, if you're reading!) said her daughter is only 1 year old but she's already thinking about school. So hindi ako nag-iisa haha! I think SAHMs and WAHMs understand my sentiments.

About the cost, most commented that the 70k tuition fee was too expensive while some said it's normal and worth it. Still, some encouraged homeschooling while Yuri is still young, which was actually my original plan (see my blog post about my 3 options for Yuri's preschool).

So here's my new plan (with the consent of the daddy): homeschool Yuri until he's 4 years old and enroll him into a good, preferably Montessori preschool afterward.

Actually naman, in a way, I've been informally homeschooling Yuri noon pa.

While homeschooling, mag-iipon na kami ng 200k. Oh my gosh I'm only kidding. We need to look for a cheaper school.
This boy, always a blur

With that in mind, of course, I shopped for schools again! I can't help it; it's so much fun. If you're shopping for schools as well, I hope I could help you! Or better yet, you could help me!

A. Homeschooling options
  1. Freestyle homeschooling / unschooling (no formal fees)
  2. Before Five in a Row (a little over P7k for the books)
  3. Sonlight (no known distributor of materials in the country)

B. Preschool options
  1. Vines and Branches Montessori (ehem ehem)
  2. Tuburan Institute (Waldorf) (not sure but maybe around 40k a year)
  3. Abba's Orchard Montessori (no idea EDIT: a former college schoolmate of mine told me it'd be around 60k- 90k)

C. Formal schooling options (you know me; I always think in advance)
  1. Faith Academy

I recently learned about Faith Academy during a Google "research." I fell in love with it immediately! It's a Christian international school whose aim is to develop Christ-likeness in students. It's a small school with few students but it has an internationally-competitive curriculum. Plus it's the only school in the country accredited to give Cambridge University exams. Aaah it was another school-crush that I fell really hard for.

Only the tuition fee, according to their website, is more than P200,000.

Hindi nalang kami kakain. Hahaha. Seriously, though, I prayed about it because I want us to be prepared to give Yuri a good, preferably Christian education. The next day, out of the blue, Job sent me this verse:

Photo: http://www.brightgreendoor.com/

Amazing! I didn't even tell Job about my apprehensions, but God used him to send me an answer! Now I know not to worry. I place my faith on God! You understand life better than me, Lord.

But for the fun of it, and to take my mind off Jack Dawson, I'll still be school-shopping. ;-)


_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...