July 23, 2014

Fun & Frugal Finds from Summer (to Now!)

I love talking about the finds I have because usually, they come cheap. Well, not cheap-cheap, but I'm usually persistent - and patient - enough to look for the more affordable alternatives.

I try to do this every month but I didn't for the last months because I keep forgetting to do so! I even thought to postpone it but the photos are accumulating, so it's now or never.

YURI-STUFF

Pitterpat Shoes
I was on the lookout for toddler sandals last summer. It's so hard to look for acceptable ones for boys because most had velcroes and cartoon characters - no no! I love Saltwater and Florsheim ones but I wanted to look for something cheaper.

Would you believe these sandals cost P150 and P350 only? True, they're not real leather, but Yuri won't be wearing them for a long time anyway!

Toddler Bike
Would you believe this was bought on my birthday? I didn't even get to buy something for myself! Haha! But it was okay because I had more fun choosing a toddler bike than choosing what to buy for myself. #youknowyoureamomwhen...

This toddler bike was a steal because aside from being made more solidly than others (this had more metal than plastic compared to others), it's also the cheapest at only around P900!

Crayola Toddler Crayons

I bought this box almost 2 months ago, but it was only recently that Yuri discovered the joy of coloring. I still have to teach him to color only on paper, except books of course!

This only costs around P60 and I like how they're easy to hold. My only complaint is the lack of variety of colors. I mean, how many oranges and reds do we need in one box?

Kodomo Toothpaste
Yuri has used xylitol toothpastes since he started brushing his teeth. Now that he's 2, I thought he could use fluoride toothpaste already. Since this is only around P40, I got a tube. Unfortunately, Yuri wouldn't spit it out, so we're still using SansFluo.

Mini Milk Jars
See detailed post here - My 2-year Old Says No to Plastic

KidBasix Safe Sporter Stainless Steel Bottle
See detailed review here - The Reveal: Kid Basix Safe Sporter Stainless Steel Bottle!

FOOD

Gourmet Bread Whole-wheat tortilla
I picked up a bag over at SM Lanang Premier on a whim; this decision turned out one of the best because I discovered a meal that is not only quick and easy but also healthy and toddler-approved! This is only P75, P70 for the white flour kind.

Please read this for a post about the quesadillas I've been making.

Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar
Ever since we started eating healthy as a family, we stopped picking up processed foods in the grocery. In place of junk food are the healthy stuff like this raw and organic ACV. I've been adding this to my drinking water every morning! This is a little more than P150 by the way.

Doña Elena Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
Yes, we're trying to use more olive oil, too! This oil is not made for cooking, though (heard that on TLC I think), so it goes into salads and pasta and bread. This is around P130 I think.

San Remo Whole-wheat Penne Pasta
Speaking of pasta, we're slowly replacing our carbs with complex carbs. We started by switching to brown rice, then we tried switching to brown pasta. We haven't cooked this one yet so no review for now! This costs around P100.

SKIN PRODUCTS AND COSMETICS

Myra Vita-Glow Moisturizer
I was supposed to buy their new BB cream (only P100) but then I saw this bigger tube for only P70. I know, ang mura na nga tinipid pa! Haha! But I figured I wouldn't use it everyday anyway; I only get to go out only 2x or 3x a month, so baka di rin magamit. Anyway, I kinda like it naman.

PopShop Kitty-Cute Loose Powder
I only picked this up on a whim when I went with my mother to the Tupperware office. My aunt kasi was in need of new water bottles. So while I was waiting, I spotted this and got attracted to ita cute packaging! This costs P199, but when we were paying, we found out it's on sale for just P109. Perfect!

I'm not sensitive when it comes to skin products, so both products worked pretty well for me. Please don't take my word for it because, I swear, my facial skin rarely reacts to anything.

KidsPlus Sunblock Lotion
This was also another unplanned pick, as Yuri still had a full tube of Coppertone Kids at home. However, I do admit I was looking for another sunblock lotion that had a lower SPF just for daily use. So when I found myself in the Tupperware office that day and saw these tubes for a sale price of only 2 for P200+, I picked them up. This isn't organic or natural, but Yuri isn't having a reaction to it despite using it for months now. Don't use this for younger babies though!

So those are my fun and frugal finds for the past few months. The list is a lot shorter than my previous lists because I rarely buy anything nowadays! Which reminds me: I need to buy new clothes because the last time I bought something was Christmas, and it was just one dress!

What about you? Any fun and frugal finds lately? Do share!


_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...