September 24, 2014

My Friends are in Amazing Race, Duterte, and Other Stories

Image: http://www.tv5.com.ph/

1. My Friends are in Amazing Race

During high school, I had two very close girlfriends: Zarah and Osang. Zarah and I were called "twins" because we looked alike daw (she's a lot prettier), while Osang and I were kindred spirits because we had a lot in common. We mostly grew apart, but I still consider them dear ones.

One thing I don't have in common with them, though, is that they are adventurous (while I'd rather stay home), so I really wasn't that surprised when I found out they got into the final teams competing in this year's Amazing Race:
Zarah and Osang, taken from Zarah's Facebook account

I don't watch a lot of TV, but I'll make sure I'll try to follow (follow talaga) Amazing Race. Woot! Go Zarah and Osang!

PS: They're the only team in the game not coming from Luzon! You can watch the trailer here.

2. Duterte for President

I love Davao City, and a big part of it I should give credit to the older Duterte for. I look at him with high regard for his achievements (plus the fact that he looks like my father). It's no surprise why people are pushing him to run for national office. I even came upon this "brave" article by Ramon Tulfo.

But here's my take. In Davao City, people are disciplined. I'm not saying people from other places are not; I'm only saying that we are, and that's why no matter what ordinance the government implements - firecracker ban, smoking ban, curfew, speed limit - we comply.
Source credited in photo

And my father likes to repeat that we often forget to give credit to our local policemen. They themselves are disciplined, so we respect them. They do a good job at keeping the city secure, so we appreciate them. (Davao City is 4th safest city in the world.)

Bottom line is that Davao City is like this not only because of Duterte but also because as a whole, we Davaoenos respect and follow authority. I'm sorry, but unless this standard is reached by majority of the Philippine cities and provinces, Duterte still won't be effective in the national government.

3. The Naked Truth

I never understood the fuss and I still don't get it. Because honestly, I don't get entertained watching stars walk the runway wearing underwear. I'd rather they were actual clothing that inspires. But that's just me.

I really didn't care, but a couple of nights ago, I opened a Stylebible.ph article about celebs and their Celine bags. Since posts about the fashion show were shown as related links, I opened them to know what the fuss was about.
Image: http://lifestyle.inquirer.net/

And boy do I regret it. Jake Cuenca just went downright trashy (ewww levelz), and Coco Martin's "pet," seriously? I hope no little boy ever thinks these are manly things to do. May girl-on-girl action pa daw, I heard. That show was all kinds of low. And disgusting.

It's also sad to hear about celebs suffering for the sake of that show. The workouts I understand, but look at some celebs' Instagram accounts and you'll see how some of them are thankful the show's over so they can finally eat. I'm sorry; did they starve themselves?

(I also chanced upon this post by Plump Pinay; go check it out.)

4. Daniel Padilla's Audio Scandal

Never liked that kid with an ego bigger than Davao City's circumference, so I don't care about this - pass! Hahaha!
......................

So that's a rundown of some events - AKA news feed highlights - in my week so far. Nothing personal for now as I'm still "processing" something. In other words, may pinagdaraanan. Haha! Nothing serious, but I'm feeling "far" from God lately. It'not Him, it's me. Hehe.

I really need to spend some moments with God because I need to be reevaluated and rekindled. I actually wish I had the luxury of taking a long leave from work, but I can't, so I make do with what I have.

What about you? Thoughts on these stories?


_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...