September 12, 2014

Silly Yuri Stories: The Impromptu Shot

I think you'll agree with me when I say toddlers are truly a joy to be around. For me, it's because their innocent/naughty antics still pass off as funny and adorbs because of their cute faces!

Yuri is always fun to be around with because he's so bibo and talkative (he's kinda shy around strangers though). But out of all the funny moments we have with him, I think Wednesday tops it.
(Before I proceed, have you noticed the memes on Facebook? Yung about books, movies, memories, etc? I actually got tagged in a book meme, but I seriously haven't been reading books since I had Yuri. Bad! Anyway, I love the memes coz they remind me of what Facebook used to be like back in college, only before, we used to write the memes in notes!)
Okay, so much for that intermission. I know. Anyway, last Wednesday kasi, my mom stayed home to do Purok Leader duties. Free polio & measles vaccines were given, so she had the mutipurpose hall and facilities and food prepared. Her presence was also needed.

We really thought the vaccines given were for babies so I didn't pay much attention. Now, that morning, my mom wanted to bring Yuri along para wala lang, to play lang with the other kids and observe the nurses. My mom brought his records, too, just in case neighbors ask her what they should bring.

So yun na. As usual, Yuri was so excited to go out because he's quite the lakwatsero. Also, the multi-purpose hall is just beside the playground. I opted to stay home since I had work. Later that morning, I would receive a life-changing phone call. #chos

Apparently, here's what happened at the multipurpose hall. While my mom was busy talking to the nurses and officials, Yuri played with the other kids. Then he kept going to the nurse's table just to look at her filling up the records. You know, normal toddler routine.
The head of the team asked my mother if her apo would avail of the vaccine, too, but she said "no" kasi nga we thought they were the same vaccines given to babies and we already had those. The nurse said that these are booster shots for toddlers and kids, and checked Yuri's record. Sure enough, he didn't have the boosters and he was eligible to get them.

So my mother said, "Ah okay, sige." Then she proceeded to call me, knowing I'll agree naman. All along, she thought Yuri was just playing.

At the very same time, the kids na were asked to fall in line. Becaue Yuri was playing with them, he fell in line, too! Akala siguro may doleout ng jacket chocolates.

(Sorry I couldn't resist including the gasgas joke haha)

Since the team head already talked to Mama and saw that Yuri is fit to receive the vaccines, she listed his name. Take note, second in line pa!
My mother had no idea Yuri was in line and was listed since she was talking to me. His yaya knew but probably thought it was expected.

So imagine how shocked Mama was when she and I were still talking and the nurse suddenly called out, "Laxa!"

Hala, nagpalista ng sarili si Yuri! My frazzled mom quickly came to attend to a crying Yuri, who realized he was not lining up to receive candies but an injection!

Moral of the Story: Do not succumb to peer pressure. Haha!
*I know some do not get their children vaccinated, but I do primarily because I have yet to read a credible source showing concrete evidence of vaccine's bad effects. That's it. Bow!

PS: Just to clarify, my mother kept his eye on Yuri all the time. She just stopped paying full attention when Yuri's yaya arrived at the multipurpose hall (which was when he fell in line).


_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...