April 13, 2015

Emergency Rooms, Preschools, My New Hair Color and Other Stories

Hi guys! It's 3:30 am here and I cannot sleep. It has been an hour since my mother and I came back from the hospital. Yes, I was in the hospital again! I feel exhausted, but I can't fall asleep so I decided to blog. After all, I have so much to tell you as I wasn't able to blog as often as I used to in the past months.

Emergency Rooms

Earlier, at 12 midnight, I woke up to very terrible stomach pains, diarrhea, and nausea. The works. It's also very similar to the symptoms I experienced during our vacation (which I have yet to write about).
"My view earlier at 2 in the morning while lying down on a bed in a run-down hospital in Vigan."

I already learned my lesson (I delayed going to the hospital last time), so this time, after the first "bathroom session," we immediately headed off to the emergency room right away. I was prescribed medicines, but because I was not able to "go" inside the hospital, we decided to go through lab tests tomorrow, err, later today.
A photo posted by Marie Angeli Laxa (@maanlaxa) on
For someone like me who rarely gets a fever, being in emergency rooms twice within the span of three weeks is an alien feeling. However, I've always had a weak stomach - when I was 10, pabalik-balik kami sa ospital for almost a month because of acute gastroenteritis. LBM is not a stranger to me so I've learned to self-medicate, but for this case tonight and the diarrhea-nausea that happened to me in Vigan three weeks ago, I was in a lot of pain - akin to labor pains actually! - thus the need to go to the emergency room. I'll be having lab tests later, and I hope it's nothing serious!

Preschools

I know I've been telling you about our plans to homeschool, but that doesn't mean we're closing our door to progressive schools. Of course, since Yuri is only 3, so he probably won't be going to school in a couple of years, but I'm still searching for options.

Now, there's a Christian church right in front of our village gate, and the Korean pastors also built a school a few years ago. But they weren't able to open it probably because of problems with permits, much to my dismay. However, in February, I saw this advertisement in front of our guard house:
There was no other school or establishment right in front of our village, so that must be it! I know it's only a summer camp, but the fact that the school already has a name is a good sign. I want us to join the summer camp, but I need to study for my board exam so next time nalang.

Aside from Dreamers International School, I also spotted a new school a little farther but still near our house a couple of times. It's called The Little Leaders Learning Village, also a progressive school. If ever we find out that homeschooling is not for us (which can be because Yuri thrives in the company of other kids and/or because of my new full-time job), we already have at least two good choices!

My Hair Makeover

The last time I had my hair colored was during college. That was (n) years ago haha. After I graduated, I worked so I lost my interest in hair color. Then I got pregnant and gave birth, and I breastfed for almost 3 years. I know they say hair treatment is not dangerous when breastfeeding, but I didn't want to take the chance.

Also, I didn't really have a reason to do so as I mainly stayed at home. But there were times when I looked at my hair and felt it looked boring. Back in college, I would cut my bangs, color, and have super short hair cuts on a whim. I even had full bangs once! Now, a couple of months after we weaned, I was finally able to have my hair makeover. Yay!
I think my hair in the photo looks darker than the actual color. Sadly, after 3 days and after wetting my hair in the shower, my hair no longer looked like that. My flyaway ends are back! But that's fine. It adds character - or so I'd like to think.

Study Mode: On!

Our exams will be on May 24, and I feel so pressured every day because as of now, I have only read 4 topics. I have a mountain of material to study and it can be overwhelming sometimes. I know I need to set things straight. If I want to pass (read: top) the board exam, I should be stricter with my study time. I have a lot of things on my plate now, and my first step was to hire someone so that I can offload some of the things I need to do to free my time. Second, I hope Memo Plus Gold works haha.

But Fiesta Mode is also on!

Our little village will be having its first ever "Fiesta" on Saturday, and since my mother is the village secretary and the Purok leader, we're helping organize it, and we've been so busy for the last couple of weeks. We've also been spending every afternoon in our village park and playground because my sister, Chelsea, is joining the volleyball team. I'm also judging the art contest, and I plan to hold a garage sale.
Photo from our village's Facebook group

While my sister plays and my mother holds and/or attends meetings, I'm busy running after Yuri in the playground. I'm just glad that my job ends at 3pm so that I can have time for this! (But because I'm "sick," I think I will be absent from playground duties later.)
Registration for our Fun Run. Seated are my mother and the village VP, Jay. Behind is our president-slash-resident funnyman, Kuya Rey, fresh from a basketball game.

How have you been? I hope you're feeling better than me!

PS: If it's not too much to ask, can you pray for my health, the success of our fiesta, and that I ace my board exams? :-)

_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...