September 26, 2012

Y turns 6!

This very day, my Y turns 6 months old. We celebrated the day by going to the Barangay Center for his Vitamin A. Haha!

We got there a bit late and there are many people already. Number 23 na kami (monthsary hahaha). Anyway, the people from the center told us that the normal weighing scale for babies is broken (sinong baby kaya nakasira?), so we'll be using a spring-type scale.

What's that, you ask? Here's a sample picture:

Image taken from Google

If you ask me, that's a very scary looking weighing scale, considering they just tied it around a wooden ceiling beam. Nevertheless, I watched the other parents place their babies (very carefully) inside the hammock and waited for our turn.

When our turn was up, I placed Y (very carefully) with his legs hanging out. He couldn't fit in the hammock! I'm so proud! Hahaha! He actually looked very comfortable just lying in the hammock that I contemplated getting one for the house - when I realized his grandparents already bought him one. I guess we'll use it next time.

Y is heavy! He weighs 8.2 kilos already, or more than 18 pounds. Also, he is 71 centimeters or almost 28 inches long. We're thankfully on the good side of the growth chart. :-)

Usually, we would wait for the vaccination for more than an hour, but since we're only getting a dose of Vitamin A, we got to leave immediately. Y just slept through the whole ordeal. Goodbye for now, Barangay Center. See you on December!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...