January 7, 2013

The day I succumbed to Forever 21

I mentioned in this post that I'm not a fan of Forever 21 clothing. So when my sister and I went to the mall for some clothes shopping on Christmas day, I ticked the store off my go-to list. In fact, I decided to go to Ayala Abreeza, which doesn't have Forever 21. However, after almost an hour of walking around the mall, we couldn't find anything we like. So my sister, who is adamant on buying something from Forever  21, demanded we go to SM Lanang Premier. She said all of her friends have clothes there. The heck?

So I thought, alright, I'll buy something for my sister there. But I'm buying my clothes from somewhere else.

What I wasn't prepared for was this:


I swear I didn't know about it! Hello, how would I? But there I was, looking at the 50% off discount cards on their clothes racks. After seeing those sale racks everywhere, I brushed my dignity aside and parted with my sister to search for my own clothes. The heck with flimsy fabric!

And we got home bringing a huge shopping bag:


And these are what we bought. First, my sister's picks:

A polka-dotted green chiffon spaghetti dress - I have the exact same belt.
A cute floral dress with peek-a-boo details at the back. I wish I took a photo of its back, but I was too laaazy to do so.
My sister is little, and one of her dresses fit loosely on her. Not a problem, thanks to SM's alteration center. And here are mine:

A printed button-up dress, which looked almost the same as my sister's dress from SM department store. Hihi.
My favorite pick: a tube romper with hearts. Now, if I can only wear it to church...
And the dress that I have been looking for all this time: a zip-front dress. It is a bit too large for me (naks!), but it's the only stock left, and I can't let it go. So, off to the alteration center!
If you noticed, everything I bought were fit for breastfeeding. Duh? And the nude zip-front dress at the bottom was simply perfect. It is what I was looking for in the first place. At first, I had trouble looking for any zip-front dress in the store. I saw one, but it was not on sale.

Then, I chanced upon a rack without a sale card. I looked through the dresses and saw marked down prices. A girl took the said dress out and examined it. My eyes bulged when I saw it had a front zipper! I silently prayed that she won't like it and return it to the rack. As luck would have it, she did return it to the rack! At wala nang patumpik-tumpik pa, kinuha ko na agad. My eyes went wider when I saw the price tag. The original price is P700+, and it was marked down to just P309. Serendipity!

But wait, there's more. When I paid for our purchase, I found out that the P309 price tag is the one that will be marked down, 50%! So in reality, the dress just costs around P150! Double serendipity! I could have danced at the cashier's counter, but all I could do is subtly smile. Now, I can breastfeed in style. Yay! Thank you, God! :-)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...