January 5, 2013

To my dearest friend who turns 23 today

Almost 7 years ago, when we were but naive teenagers, 23 seemed to be a long way to go. But life has a cruel way of speeding up time when we're not looking, and guess what? We're finally adults. But the great thing is we're still together (chos, parang mag-jowa) and we're still tight. You may be miles away, and we may have new priorities, but the friendship is still strong, right?

From when I was still (technically) single...
And maybe I assume too much, but I have this feeling that you're going to be stuck with me for a long time. Bwahahaha!

Now that you're 23, here are my wishes for you:

5 - I wish you would be happier with your job. 

Or, I wish you'd find the job that would make you happy. If possible, please do a job that won't take you miles away! We terribly miss you!

4 - I wish you all the luxuries this world can offer. 

I smile each time you post photos in your Instagram of you enjoying yourself, because I know you deserve all of them. But don't get too attached to material things, ha!

3 - I wish you'd finally meet Y (before he turns 1!) and J. 

They are itching to meet you! Don't worry, they don't bite. :-)

2 - I wish you'd have stronger bonds with your family. 

You're actually my idol when it comes to spoiling our family members, and I know you'd be the same spoiling daughter, sister, aunt... and ninang! You may encounter some difficult times with your family, and even though I promise to always be here, nothing would compare to the love they will give you.

1 - I wish you'd finally meet the "one" who will love you and take care of you. 

Now that I have met someone who loves me and takes care of me (naks, masali lang talaga hahaha), I hope you'll find that someone, too. You're the complete package, and I know whoever he is, he will be truly lucky to have you. Don't settle for less; I know you'll find the perfect one soon.

I also have one selfish wish. It's your birthday, but it's my post, right? Hahaha. I just wish that our bonds would remain as strong as it is now, if not stronger. We have proven that friends don't need to see each other often in order to "be there." I know that you will always be there for me, and trust that I will be there for you, too. You have been my strongest supporter, and if I may say, fan (LOL), and I hope I can always be the same for you. :-)

... to being round and pregnant...
From sorority blues to thesis dilemmas, from being perpetually broke to deciding on career choices, from having no flash drives to having laptops of our own (mine's not a Mac, though!), from pixelated photos to high-end cameras and DSLRs, you've been there for me. I couldn't have wished for a better friend, seriously. We may have our own share of misunderstandings, but I'm sure we could withstand anything.

I may not be your dearest friend, but you're mine. My dearest friend, that is. 

You didn't stop being there for me. Thank you :-)
Happy, happy birthday! Enjoy your day, mwre. *hugs*
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...