February 20, 2013

Bedroom Cleanup

Warning: This is a photo-heavy post.

The other Sunday (this is also late post), we stayed home because my younger sister was sick. Sundays are usually the only time I go outside the house, so that was a bummer. But then, I also planned on staying home that time because I seriously needed to work on my room, ASAP! I mean, take a look at this:
Messy!
Isn't it just depressing? I needed to do something with it right away!


Even the laundry basket needs detoxifying.
Full laundry basket
And some of the clothes did not even make their way to the basket! Tsk! Perhaps, you can spot some familiar clothing pieces from here and here. :-)


Overflowing shelf!
I placed a shelf at the foot of Y's crib when I made the sidecar arrangement. It's Y's shelf and I place there the toys and other stuff that he's not able to use yet. Those things are practically falling. No kidding!


I needed some music to get me moving.
That's my little laptop there, right on our unmade bed (and crib).


I always pride myself on my handyman skills. When I noticed that I had a lot of bags all over the room, I decided to just keep them inside my closet. I looked for a short bar and then some hooks with clips. Then, I made a special nook for those bags I use regularly:
My bucket bag from Fossil, my everyday diaper bag from SM Parisian, and a big diaper bag from Baby Couture
I know it's not pretty, but that's because it's temporary. And I worked on it myself. Believe me when I say I'm a handyman. I have proof:
A red screwdriver and a bag of hooks and screws of all sorts
Yes, I seriously keep those in my room. I guess I really love screwing - no pun intended.


After an hour, my efforts finally paid. Here's my a-bit-better-looking room:
Neater - in my opinion!

I moved Y's two shelves against the window. The smaller one no longer supports the crib, but we've been doing fine for two weeks now. I think the room looks neater, though more crowded.
Y's shelves full of Y's stuff

When I moved the crib into my room months ago, I had to place my desk outside in the hallway to create space. But I wasn't comfortable because I had a lot of personal belongings inside it. So even though my room is already too crowded with all the furniture in it, I just had to move it back.
My gigantic desk, care of my friend, Teena. The laundry was yet to be taken care of.

And despite moving the table inside my already-cramped room, I was also compelled to place a small sidetable beside my bed to house the things I usually use. Oh well...
Under it is a box that houses J's gifts

Since the smaller shelf is no longer at the foot of the crib, I had to place something that will act as barriers to keep Y from falling from the bed (just in case he ventures to the foot of the bed). Here's my temporary solution:
I'm sorry, this is the best I could come up with.
I extended the crib's bumpers, tied them to my bed post, and well, looped a couple of my belts around the rails. So far, Y has never wandered toward the foot of the bed yet, so I'm not worried.


And here's the boy himself:
I did all the work and you're the one to fall asleep? How dare you! #kidding

And I finally took some rest, too. :-)
Oops. Should've taken it in landscape format. Haha!
It was a good day.

PS: Grainy photos courtesy of my mobile phone
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...