May 13, 2013

Elections 2013

Hey, everybody! It's 13th of May, the day candidates have been waiting for (in varying degrees of fidgety).

I originally planned to just go to the voting precinct in the afternoon so that I can still work in the morning. However, when Y and I went downstairs kanina at 6, the parents were already prepared to go. Sayang naman kung hindi na ako sumabay, diba? So I hurriedly dressed up (yes, walang ligo-ligo) and prepared Y's breakfast. Off we went!

Unflattering? I agree!!! :D
 At the school, which was just a few blocks away from our house, we thought we hit the jackpot because there were almost no people waiting in the corridors. This is the school:

Of course, this was taken after I finished voting, so marami nang tao.
The school had new buildings, so malinis ang polling precincts and corridors. Nice. My parents and I went separate ways na because I was listed in a different cluster.

Laxa, Number 105 sa listahan. Vote for me!
At talagang pumwesto pa ako sa may door because I thought I was the first voter. Then, the poll watcher told me to go to the next classroom because yun ang waiting area.

Hahahaha nakakahiya. In Bisaya, kaulaw!!!
Ayayay, puno na ang classroom. Hindi pala ako first. Thirty-first pala. Hahaha!

But to be fair, ang galing ng organization ng school. Instead of letting the people pile up (like what happened in 2010!), they were better prepared now and reserved classrooms as waiting areas. Doon kami nakapila, while comfortably seated. In the cluster of my precinct, the poll watchers were also vigilant in telling the people what to do, which minimizes mga singitan sa pila. The fact that one of the poll watchers was cute didn't hurt. #ssshh
And in fairness to the votes, all were disciplined in falling in line. Kudos!
I also like that they consistently prioritized senior citizens, pregnant women, and those with children. Unfortunately, the same could not be said for my parents' precinct. They really asked senior citizens to fall in line. Haaaaay kawawa.

On a lighter note, in our precinct, lining up might not be a breeze, but it sure was a hassle-free process. And what's an election-related post without a photo of my short, stubby fingers? One of which is proudly and indelibly ink-stained? :D


Funny story: We went to the school with our neighbor and family friend, Tita Nanette, who is actually Jack Enrile's sister-in-law. On our way to the school, she kept campaigning for Enrile and gesturing "oks na oks na" to other neighbors we met on the way.

Um, okay, Tita Nanette is a dear family friend, but I'm still not voting for him.

I voted for the following Senatorial candidates: TC, RH, DG, EH, SA, RM, and EV. #guesswho

However, sadly, my boyfriend, J, is not able to vote because his registration status was deactivated. Bakit?

PS: My dad is a stroke survivor. He suffered stroke back in 2006, and while he is fully well now, he could not use his right (dominant) hand anymore. But he still practiced his right to vote. What's your excuse?

Kaya please vote, people! Every vote counts! Have fun sweating and making light-hearted banters with strangers in polling precincts today! :D


UPDATE: Chuvaness, or Cecile Zamora Van Straten, is apparently also a disenfranchised voter even when she voted in the last two elections - http://chuvaness.com/13499/fail/failure-to-vote-a-first-time-for-me/. I just remembered that J did vote in 2007, but he had the same registration status as Ms. Cecile's. This means J should not be disenfranchised! And CVS is right. Why would someone be disqualified just because he wasn't able to vote in the last two elections?

COMELEC BAKIT?

_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...