June 17, 2013

Last Sunday AKA Father's Day

Growing up, we never celebrated Mother's Day or Father's Day. They were just ordinary days for us. It only became different recently, where we tried to, at least, do something on those days. Maybe it's because my parents are getting older and my dad is nearing retirement age? I don't really know hehe.

On the other hand, it is fun to just go to the mall and try to see kung meron bang promos and what-nots. So after church, we went to Gaisano Mall. My mom was supposed to get a tablet that day, but after the bad customer service (where we waited for 3 hours! 3pm na hindi pa kami nakakapaglunch!), my mom demanded her money back. I won't name the store but let's just say we're not planning to buy anything from them after what happened.

We waited at a nearby coffee shop, Chicco di Caffe. Here's my partially-eaten  Sans Rival that was a tad too sweet.

Since it was already 3pm, all of the restaurants were already either full or were already serving merienda (haha no thanks!). We also didn't want to eat where we have to wait for an hour to get our food (gutom na!), so we had to eat at our no-fail restaurant: Mandarin.


The day before Father's Day:
Papa: San n'yo gustong kumain bukas?
Mama: Kahit saan 'wag lang sa Mandarin.

Hahaha mama, your wish is not the day's command! Good thing the food was served rather quickly. We ate to our heart's content! I was sooo hungry that I ate some of Y's noodle soup (I regularly feed him first before I eat). And I was sooo hungry that I didn't get to take any food photo! Oh never mind. :-)

After eating our hearts out, we took some photos at Gaisano Mall's rooftop garden, The Peak:


My sister wearing a plaid blue dress from my closet. Teehee.

Y wanted to jump into the water! No baby, this is not a swimming pool! (Which reminds me, he's never been into a pool pa!)
The Peak
Please remind me not to slouch next time. I look preggers! :D

Big smile! And, oh, I also need to pluck my brows. Kailan kaya ako magkaka-oras? Hehe
Happy Father's Day!
And hi, mama!
OOTD!

Cardigan:
My current favorite sheer maroon cardigan, which is a hand-me-down from my mom.
Tube bubble dress: Mango
Bandage skirt: Gift from J
Shoes: Solemates, the only pair that allows me to run with a toddler

Tuxedo Rompers: Doomagic
Sandals: Champion
By the way, I was supposed to wear the bandage skirt the way it is normally worn. I wore the tube as top and wore the bandage skirt over it. However, when my mom saw me, she said mukha daw akong matrona. Kasi daw mukhang three layers ang tiyan ko. Huwat! Hahaha! Sige na nga!
That was already my second time at The Peak, but the first time I was there (which was over a year ago), there were only a few restaurants and coffee shops. Now, it has three levels of shops! And take note that this is on the roof top of the mall ha?

And what better way to cap the day off than with a box of pizza? Yum!


We got a box with two flavors: Aloha and Cheesy Bacon. By the time I remembered to take a photo, ubos na ang Cheesy Bacon!
Kaya lang, it was only when we were about to throw the box when we realized they forgot to give us sauce sachets. Sige na nga!

How about you? How was your Father's Day weekend?
_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...