August 2, 2013

10 Instax Shots, 4 Places, 1 Jolly Family!

Note: This has been originally published on July 28. I'm just reposting it at a later date.

We are generally a happy family - the usual Filipino kind who goes to church and eats at Jollibee every Sunday, the kind of family you encounter at the table next to you.

I know we do not really fit into the picture of an ideal family. It started when my mom became our breadwinner after my dad had stroke 7 years ago. Then, there came a rift between a parent and a sibling. Now, an apo has been added to the mix, coming from me, a single mom of 23, yet to be married.

Frankly, it's not easy to be different. However, it's not the end of the world. We made peace with the fact that our family has a little bit of dysfunction in it, but that doesn't mean we should dwell on it, right? In fact, we made it a point to enjoy life with intention (I hope you saw this intention in my blog!).

Even though I am yearning to have a family of my own, I am intentionally working on being the best daughter I could be while I can. After all, my parents are growing older.

This is why we make it a point to visit places in the city that my folks haven't been to, yet. We make sure that we are enriched with culture, education - and fun! (These field trips are good blog material, too!)

This week's field trips:


Last week, we visited Crocodile Park and saw different kinds of animals. This week, first on our list was Gap Farm (where we also saw animals - albeit stone statues!):

I wasn't kidding about the animal statues! Good thing little Yuri had his lolo and lola to protect him from the giant carabao! 
Yuri: But, mama, I'm brave and strong, too!
There were more stone animals as we walked along! Yuri was feeling a little scared by then (admit it, baby!), so we came to the rescue by making him laugh.

After chasing ducks and butterflies, we head on to People's Park to view local artworks of Davaoeno artist, Kublai Millan, and go for a walk as well:

Did I mention "walk"? I meant run! I kept running after this little booger that day! Oh the perks of being a mom. 
Yuri: You're never gonna catch me, mama!
Yuri finally get tired and went back to his favorite person's arms. That means his lolo, not me. Teehee!
Here is only one of Kublai Millan's sculptures in the park. Beautiful, isn't it?
I admit that travelling with a baby (and with a senior citizen - just kidding, pa!) is tiring. So we called it a day and headed home with the thoughts of good old retail therapy the next day.

Fast forward to Saturday! 


We were at our ultimate, favorite mall again - SM Lanang Premier. After a bit of shopping, we head straight to eat our favorite comfort food...

Where else but in Jollibee!

Where the staff never runs out of smiles for their customers. Seriously, that's true. Yuri can't be bothered though; he's too busy looking at the spaghetti!
That's right; we're your next-table neighbors in Jollibee who will annoy you with our loud stories and bursts of laughter! Shall we eat?
Let the spaghetti-fest begin!
While I don't let Yuri eat junkfood at home, Jolly Spaghetti might be one of the rare exceptions. Who can resist a face like this? Pikit-mata sa sarap!
We love Jolly Spaghetti because of the soft but not soggy premium noodles, the sweet, Pinoy-style sauce with little bits of premium ham in it. Just perfect for the young ones and the young once!
Yuri can't talk yet, but I know he loves Jolly Spaghetti because of the way he smiles when he eats it!

 I don't let him eat the hotdogs but we just love the cheese on it! 
And the way he eats the noodles? SLURP!
(By the way, that's his current bestfriend beside him! So cute!)
Ah, another satisfying day at the mall. I love the mall (clearly!), but if you ask me, home is where the heart is. Nothing beats lying on your own soft bed beside your loved one (in my case, Yuri!).

Sunday!


Sunday was a particularly sunny day, which was a perfect day for our little pool. Yay! Of course, to make our pool day even more fun, we made some calls... to deliver our favorite meal!

Yuri's favorite way of eating Jolly Spaghetti is slurping it one strand at a time. However, this time, he can't just have one. He had TWO at the same time! Langhap sarap talaga!

This week was so much fun! Especially for little Yuri who made his poor little momma oh so dizzy! Good thing all our good memories this week were instantly captured.

Thanks, Jollibee, for this baby!
It was a welcome change from the digital, where we can just take as many photos as we wish. Instead, every one of these 10 shots is made special and one-of-a-kind.

I thank God for this dysfunctional, sort-of-unideal family of mine. No kidding! It's not often that we get together due to work and school, but when we do, we do it in style - or maybe not! What matters at the end of the day is that we eat together, talk together, and laugh together.

Not too long ago, one blogger friend (Hi Ms. Glenda!) commented that I have a blessed family. I could not agree more. I am truly blessed.

Do you take your parents out, too? Where are your favorite places? :-)

Disclaimer: This post is my official entry to the Jollibee Spaghettiest Moments Blog Challenge.

_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...