September 4, 2013

A Short Rant About Unbelievable People on Facebook

You can count the number of times I rant in this blog in one hand. Di ba? I usually refrain from writing about negative stuff because they bring bad vibes into the day. However, there are times when you just have to let it out, right?

I'm usually online in Facebook. While I don't always post, people can usually count on me to be online whenever they need to talk to me. I don't know if this is good or bad. After all, I've gotten a few blogger invites via Facebook messages. However, the number of times I get chatted because another person needs something from me is no joke.

Several times, I've gotten chat messages from old friends from college - mostly my brods from the fraternity and sisses from the sorority. At first, I take everything with a grain of salt. That used to be fine. Walang kamusta-kamusta, they go straight to asking what they need from me. Sometimes, it's help with career and related decisions (the kind of help I prefer giving), but most of the time, it's utang. Take note that this is from people whom I haven't seen in 3 years or so, and I don't really know when I will see them again.

Then again, I understand how it is to be gipit. The kind of financial status where you just have to swallow your pride. I've been there, so I try not to take offense.

But yesterday, a new level of UNBELIEVABLE happened. Believe me, I slept over it to prevent myself from making rash reactions. Now that I read the message again, it still feels so weird!

Yesterday, I was online, talking to some friends regarding other stuff. At the same time, I was working. Suddenly, a new chat window appears, and I saw my classmate from high school. I haven't seen nor talked to this girl in (counts 1, 2, 3) almost 10 years. That's right - freaking ten years. Here's what she told me:


So honestly, the answer I gave her is quite harsh. But can you blame me? This person suddenly talks to you, out of the blue, after +-10 years ha, and asks you to help her do her niece's assignment. Actually, she wanted me to do the assignment myself. Seriously?! She didn't even take time to ask about me, the person she wishes to ask for a favor. Just a simple "musta" and "dats gud" and expect me to do her a favor?

It makes me bristle, knowing how other people don't even think twice about asking another person they barely know to do something for them. I can't imagine doing it myself.

And we weren't even close back in high school. I don't even know her niece/nephew. Ugh!

#endrant

_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...