September 25, 2013

Terrible 18s?

It's barely 9am and I'm already exhausted. I actually wanted to take a day off from work today, and I could, but as usual, I chicken out. The funny thing is that when I was still working in the office, I did not think twice about taking leaves from work. Pero ngayon, it's different because if I don't work, I don't earn. Also, I'm not in the mood to tackle household chores.

So why am I so tired so early? Well, first of all, Yuri refused to be seated in his high chair. Then, he refused to eat breakfast. He barely eats! He doesn't even take one spoonful of food, and I don't breastfeed him before mealtimes so dapat gutom sya. But no! I even tried making a face out of his food:


Scary no? Hahaha. Yuri didn't get scared, though. Pero di pa rin sya affected. No appetite pa rin. Should I give him appetite-boosters?

Today, we had oatmeal, which he did not eat even one spoon of. Yesterday, I prepared a fruit salad out of bananas, watermelon, and honey. He took a few spoonfuls of it, and I was thankful:


His demeanor improved when we washed the dishes - actually, I washed the dishes with him on my left arm (that's one mean feat, I tell ya).

I thought the fussiness was over, when it was time to take a bath. Normally, bath-time is Yuri's pinakamaligayang sandali. He looks forward to his baths and won't get out of the bath tub without a fight. However, last weekend, we attempted to snip some of his hair while he was taking a bath. Sobrang galit.

Worse, na-trauma ata. For the next days hanggang ngayon, he would cry during bath time. At first, okay lang. He steps into the bath tub fine. Pero by the time I'm soaping his body na, warla na. Huhuhu pano ba to.

Good thing he drinks a lot of milk (aside from my breastmilk):



Yuri is normally an okay child. He has a mean temper, but he's normally in control of his feelings (chos). But now, he throws tantrums over the littlest of things. And he's only about to turn 18 months tomorrow! Please tell me. Are we fast-tracking into the terrible 2s? :-(

Hindi ko na alam anong gagawin!

Suddenly, taking a day off seems like a good idea.
____

On a completely different note, I bought Yuri honey last Sunday. He's been coughing on and off kasi and I don't want to give him medicine anymore. I know babies older than 1 year could already take honey, so I bought a bottle.


I gave him a teaspoon of honey before bedtime. Well, the good news is that nawala na agad ang kanyang ubo right from the first night Yuri drank it! Amazing! Goodbye, OTC cough syrup!

_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...