September 23, 2013

The Off-Price Show vs. Charles Goodies Online Store

I was waiting for Sunday the whole week last week because of the Off-Price Show. Well, time seems to run more quickly when you're a mom (SRSLY), and before I knew it, Sunday na.

First, OOTD! It's been a long time since I've done this. Hayaan nyo na ako, blogaversary ko naman eh.

Plains and Prints top, boyfriend jeans bought from ukay-ukay, Zara Sandals
Yuri is wearing a Crib Couture shirt (I forgot the brand of his shorts and shoes hehe)
Trivia: I bought those jeans back in 2007, when I was still in college and working a part-time job in Kumon. George (my workmate) and I passed an ukay-ukay stall on our way back to our boarding house. This pair of jeans only costs P75, I kid you not. And it has great-quality denim that it's still very wearable now. The only difference is that super skinny jeans sya sa akin noon, ngayon boyfriend-jeans na. #yabang

Someone was not in the mood hehe
I forced my sister to take an OOTD shot, and she made a face at me.
Herbench turtleneck, skater skirt, my CLN flats
Would you believe me if I told you this was my skirt?
And that I had it when I was 6 years old? My mom had good taste.

My Parisian satchel as diaper bag. It really needs to retire na.

Sister dear insisted to take a photo of her hat, I mean clip

Okay, let's proceed. My mom actually wanted to go last Saturday night, but I begged off saying that Yuri might get sleepy na in the mall. His bedtime kasi is 8pm. So we went yesterday, the last day of the Off-Price Show.

Registration area

Registration machine? Chos

The grand entrance

It was overwhelming to see racks and racks of branded clothes and shoes. It truly was a sea of merchandise.

Lotsa shoes, with our friend at the back (we meet him at SM almost every week hehe)

And more shoes

I wanted to buy these Stradivarius shorts, but I didn't need them eh. Chos.

Piles of clothes

There were racks of children's clothes

Sayang, there were not many clothes for Yuri's size

I was able to pick out a pretty pair of River Island jeans (only P550) and headed straight to the children's clothes. I wasn't able to buy a lot because there were few 18-mo sizes. I bought a pair of Kids Basics shirt and shorts at P250 and a polo shirt at P100.

With my picks and a hyper Yuri in tow, I braved the ladies' racks. Again, there were sooo many clothes. However, even though I was able to pick some cheap tops, I had to return them. Why? I didn't want to pay for something I don't really like just because it's on sale. Natuto na ako. Chos.

But to be honest, I hope no one hates me for saying this, the overhyped sale is what it is - overhyped and overrated. I was sorely disappointed with the selection of clothes. They looked not like they were from last season's but from the last 3 or so years' collections. Plus may strong bodega smell. Hashtag alamna.

There were also so many Crocs shoes, but I wasn't in the mood to try one because my sandals were hard to remove. My feet were also already killing me because Yuri kept running around the place. Of course, I had to keep my gameface on for the fambam because I did drag them there. Nag-preregister pa kami sa Facebook. Ano ba.

I think the others shared the same sentiments, though, because even though there were a lot of people milling through, I did not see anyone leaving the premises with a lot of shopping bags. Paisa2 lang like us.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to take photos of my loot. Like what I said, my feet were already killing me that morning. Then we did the grocery pa. I wanted to drop by Toy Kingdom, pero di na kaya. By the time we got home, my feet were literally swelling. Boohoo.

That's when it hit me. I can't go around wearing strappy sandals anymore. I need Crocs in my life and I need one fast.

Mama: Nge! Bat di ka pa namili kanina?
Me: Okay lang, tingnan ko nalang kung may Crocs pa si Ate Lorilie of Charles Goodies.

I immediately opened her page, and as luck would have it, she was having a bidding starting right on the time when I got online! And guess what's one of the items up for bidding? A pair of Crocs Carlie flats in my size! Talk about serendipity! I quickly message Ate Lorilie about my maximum bid hehe.

Photo from Charles Goodies

Well, guess who won? I got this for only P1200, I kid you not. These cost almost P3k in the Philippines.

Now, Yuri, mommy's ready to chase you. Be afraid. Be very afraid. Charot.

PS: If you're looking for American brands for you, your husband/wife, and your kids, please head on to Charles Goodies.

PPS: No, I'm not paid to advertise. It's from the heart - chos! Seriously, all my transactions with Ate Lorilie are literally smooth and hassle-free. Ang daling kausap (wag lang abusuhin), and all of her items are store-bought and hand-picked in Canada. As in she shops for them. Wala akong mapintas sa quality. Plus affordable pa compared to other sellers.

PPPS: Sayang lang I can't buy from her more often because Yuri's size is not always available. Kung meron unahan pa talaga. Better luck next time. Tsaka sana may Crocs boatshoes; papa's looking for them. Chos lang ate haha. Hay, I choose this store over Off-Price Show anytime.

_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...