October 26, 2013

Happy 19th Month, Yuri!

(I know his "sando" above is "butas-butas," but well, models wear anything.)

Good morning! I'm in a happier mood than usual today because the toddler has just turned 19 months old. Yes, today!

And in the span of 1 month, he has learned a SLEW of words already. Seriously, he devours words per day. I can't even keep up, so I list all his new words! Here's my current list:

Food
Sirya (cereal)
Su (juice)
Papay (tinapay)
Sit (pancit)
Ten or tin (chicken)
Tain (kain)
Asi (ice cream)
Esi (raisin)
Eh (egg)
Payi (papaya)

Animals
Ti (bird)
Da (duck)
Yayon (lion)
Isa (lizard)
Pi (pig)
De (bear)

People/Body Parts
Bebi (baby - my favorite word!)
He (hair)
Ta (tongue)
Si (cheeks)

Things
Bu (book)
Shon (lotion)
Api (airplane)
Fo (phone)
Fu (spoon)
Ekon (aircon)
Fa (electric fan)
Sa (sun)

Cartoons
Dey (Jake)
Papapayi (Sophie)
Totototo (Pocoyo)
Afa (High-5)
Mimo (Elmo)
- Yayi (Murray in Murray has a Little Lamb)
Tayo (Tayo)

Random Expressions
Sa (basa as in "wet")
- Yami (yummy)
- Sawap (sarap)
Baba (baba)
- Po (tao po)
- Pe (pray)
Tu (two)
- Api (happy)
- So (song)

Yuri know around 60+ words na. (Aside from this list, there are other two lists of his first words: here and here.) And he's able to use all of them in the proper context. Well, I'm not surprised because we are a chatty household!

It's really true how babies' brains are like sponges, no? Which means when you got a toddler, please watch your mouth!

I can't believe that my baby is now a little big boy. He's beginning to have a mind of his own! Incredible, isn't it? I think being able to witness another person's growth is one of the best things in being a mother.

Speaking of growth, last night, while Yuri slept, I pulled out a measuring tape. Yuri is now 82 cm long (he was 71 at 1 year old) with a 15 cm feet. Yay! Although his weight remains at 10 kg, somehow I'm not worried. As long as the boy's healthy!

Random fact: He hates getting his hands sticky. It's like sticky hands are the bane of his existence!

So that's one reason why he doesn't eat much. I think he's afraid of getting his hands sticky. But aside from being a picky eater, how will he ever gain weight if he can't stay still for a minute???













Yuri is one busy kid. Happy, happy 19th month, baby! Please slow down, mama can't keep up!

PS: We'll be attending another Jollibee event later. Woot!

_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...