December 26, 2013

Snapshots of my Christmas Eve

Merry Christmas! How did your celebrations go? Mine was pretty tiring, as most moms would understand. But fulfilling nonetheless! This Christmas was especially more fun because Yuri is now almost 2 years old and have a better grasp of excitement and enjoyment. To parents of infants who have to sleep through the entire celebration, have hope! Haha!

We didn't actually have a bonggang Noche Buena because we wanted a simple celebration. However, the celebration was still fun and meaningful. Here are some snapshots of how our Christmas went:

Christmas glasses
This is what happens to delicate macarons when there's a toddler in the house.
Ang pinaghirapan kong mango float teehee
Puto...
...and, you guessed it, dinuguan! My favorite, which I can only eat once a year. Boohoo.
Massive mound of raw embutido dough - another of my mother's specialty
Spaghetti, given by our American neighbor
Fruits from the palengke
Leftover goody from my mother's S&R stash
And this, too. 
We have 3 canisters of chocolate. First canister...

...Second canister...
...And third canister.
You can easily guess which gifts are from me
Patiently waiting for gift-opening time
The joy of having a toddler at Christmas time
Where to start? Where to begin?
Where the wild thing is
Aaaand the boy chooses Yayu's car over the books. It's alright! :D
Christmas morning - Still playing with Yayu's gift 
This is how my toddler plays with toy cars.
And this is how his bookshelf looked like. Fully-booked! (3 or 4 books were taken out when this photo was taken)

I only received a few gifts this year:
Don't be fooled; my mom won't shell out thousands for an authentic Michael Kors *snicker* But I don't care and it's still pretty.
Cuzo Carla from Job
Why I chose the cheapest bag? Because of this, also from Job.

And last but not the least, this gift:

Let's be thankful to Jesus Christ who suffered on the cross for us, wretched and dirty humans. This is the true essence of Christmas - we have been saved from damnation and we are free to receive this salvation. The work is all done at the cross; God's love poured out at the cross. Have a very merry and meaningful Christmas. :-)

PS: This post is dedicated to my dear friend, Teena, who is not able to go home to her family to celebrate Christmas this year. With these photos, I hope you feel that we're celebrating with you. Love you. :-)

_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...