December 11, 2013

Top 5 Christmas Gifts for Toddlers (At Least For Me!)

I have written a new list of gift ideas for the older toddler/young preschooler in mind. Here's a list of top gifts for older toddlers!

My golly banana! There are only 2 weeks remaining before Christmas! Have you done your Christmas shopping already? I should have begun my shopping months back, but I've always delayed it, thinking I'll see better deals come December. Now, I still have to buy a lot of gifts!

Of course, my toddler is number 1 on my list, so I breathed a sigh of relief when I had finished ordering stuff for him last week. Ssshhh, don't tell anybody, but he's going to have full bookshelves after Christmas. I still have to wrap his gifts, which led me to think, what could other parents be giving their toddlers this year?

Top 5 Christmas Gifts for Toddlers

This, in turn, led me to create a list of the best gifts to give for toddlers. Thus, if you have a toddler child or a toddler niece or nephew or a toddler inaanak, this list is for you!

5. Clothes and/or Shoes
Clothes and shoes are always fun to buy (at least for me!), the fun multiplies by 10 when you're shopping for little ladies and gentlemen. Any parent would welcome an additional outfit to her child's closet! Also, a toddler's foot size grows so fast (I should know) that new shoes are always a necessity. Make sure that you know the child's size, though! To be safe, go for the bigger size.

Photo: http://everydaylife.globalpost.com

Bonus tip: Ask the toddler's parents if they're going somewhere for the summer vacation. You might want to give the child a rash guard if they're going to the beach or a cardigan if they're headed to Baguio!

4. Diapers
Some people may think of giving diapers as un-thoughtful or un-creative, but I beg to disagree. Puh-lease, I would welcome a free pack of diapers in my home any day! My toddler still uses 2-4 diapers per day, so that's still a pretty significant amount. In my opinion, no parent would refuse diapers!

Photo: http://www.keeperofthehome.org/






Bonus tip: Try giving the parents cloth diapers to save the environment. You get plus points by helping them save money, too!

3. Art Materials
Ah, the joy of a homeschooling mom. This sentiment also goes for future homeschooling moms, feeling homeschooling moms (like me), and even those who simply want their children to enjoy art at an early age. After all, who doesn't want to raise a future Picasso?

Photo: http://artfulparent.typepad.com
Bonus tip: You do need to look for toddler-specific and toxic-free art materials. Also, make sure they are easy to use. Great examples are jumbo crayons, non-toxic play-dough, and failproof Megasketcher!

2. Wooden Toys


If you're a parent like me, you would know how it feels to accumulate lotsa lotsa toys that don't even get played often enough. Worse, these toys would deteriorate over time especially if they're electronic (with a shelf-life of 6 months, less if they get thrown on the floor every day) and made in China with plastic.

Of course, children will be children and they need to play. The solution? Go for quality over quantity! Rather than giving a parent a shiny electronic toy that would need battery replacements in 4 weeks, why don't you give something that would probably be handed down to the next child?

Wooden toys is the answer. Elementary, my dear Watson. Wooden toys.

Photo: http://makingitlovely.com/






















Bonus tip: I would probably need a separate post to talk about wooden toys, but most of them are educational and open-ended, both of which are good things. My gift suggestions would be wooden blocks, wooden puzzles (age-appropriate of course!), and wooden dollhouses/cars.

1. Board Books
Last but certainly not the least, give the toddler the gift of learning! Mark my words: you will never go wrong with books. I specifically mentioned "board books" here because while young toddlers have better dexterity than babies, they might rip soft-bound and paperback books with glee. However, if you're gifting an older toddler (say, 3 years old), you can go with any kind of book.

Photo: www.birthdayexpress.com
Bonus tip: If you have the budget for it, go for a personalized story book. It will certainly be more special, and you will be forever seen as the tito/tita or ninong/ninang who went the extra mile! :D

.............................................................................................................

And that's it! Those are the 5 best Christmas gifts you can give to a toddler - at least in my opinion! I'd love to receive any of these gifts for Yuri (hint hint), so I'm sure any parent of a toddler will appreciate these as well! At the end of the day, it's not only the though that matters but the careful research!
I have written a new list of gift ideas for the older toddler/young preschooler in mind. Here's a list of top gifts for older toddlers!


_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...