December 10, 2013

Sunday Fun-and-Fab Finds: On Feeding Stuff, Board Books, and Lang Leav

Hi! How was your weekend? Mine got unintentionally extended through Monday because our yaya announced at the last minute that she's going home yesterday for her birthday. Ooookay. Good thing my job has a flexible schedule.

Anyway, I feel like it's Monday now. Yesterday, I posted a pre-drafted post about my our plans for Yuri's preschool. Today, let me tell you how my real weekend (read: Sunday) went. My sister's birthday was last Saturday (yes, my mother's and my sister's birthdays are exactly 1 week apart, and because we had birthday dinner last Saturday, we went for a simple birthday lunch last Sunday). I have several fun-and-fab finds! First, here's Yuri's simple OOTD!
Oh no, I forgot the shirt's brand, and I'm too lazy to go upstairs to look at it!
Pants - Baby Mossimo
Suspenders - SM Department Store
Shoes - Children's Place
Aaaand here's an outtake. The little boy can't resist getting his shoes! He wants to wear them na!
It's also getting more and more difficult to take Yuri's picture. He's always a blur!
And here's what I wore. Nothing special!
The acrobatics that I have to deal with every single day!
Job: What do you want for Christmas?
Me: A tummy tuck.
Little gentleman in suspenders
Don't be fooled with this photo. He was still for only about a nanosecond!

After church, we ate lunch in Abreeza, and we met Jollibee again!
Look at the pure delight on Yuri's face!
And Yuri test-drove cars, too.
This looks okaaay.
Hmmm. *thinking deeply*
Oh. Sino ka?! Charot. We're making friends here.
And Yuri test-drives another car. This time, it's an open Jeep.
This is good, too. Oh decisions, decisions.
We went to SM Lanang Premier afterward and saw the Davao Collective Gourmet again.

I found interesting booths like this one that sells Christmas-themed goodies.
And natural chocolate. Yum! Unfortunately, we weren't able to go back after buying some groceries because it was already raining hard.

So what were my fun-and-fab finds last Sunday? Here they are:

1. Feeding Stuff
Yuri broke his plate (again!), and so I decided to buy a plastic plate once and for all. This plate and bowl set only costs P80!
...so here's a Looney Tunes straw cup! It was on sale at P150!
And the best buy of the day, another need of ours: large waterproof bibs! Yessss! Finally!
Guess how much they cost? All of them are on sale. The ones on the left and on the right are P50 down from P100. The Skip Hop imitation inspired bib is only P75 down from P150!

2. Board Books
My obsession with toddler books prevents me from ever entering a National Bookstore without picking up a new one for Yuri. Here's a board book about two baby monkeys: one lives in the zoo while the other lives in the jungle.
This book costs around P80 or P90.
I love this board book! Technically, this isn't a weekend find because I didn't buy it last Sunday. I actually ordered it (along with a bunch of wooden toys for Yuri and a gift for my inaanak, Andrei) last week, and they arrived yesterday.
I just included the board book in my order because it's fit for Christmas. However, I didn't know it was a Karen Katz lift-the-flap book! What a steal! This was only P85!

(This book was originally meant to be one of Yuri's gifts, but I found it perfect as a waiting-for-Christmas book, so we read it right away!)

3. Lang Leav!
And, finally, the reason why I was in National Bookstore Abreeza in the first place. The elusive Lang Leav book! No, this isn't for me. I didn't even know who Lang Leav was before my friend, Teena, told me about it. No, this is actually my gift for Teena (her wish!).

The amazing thing about it was that Sunday was my only time to visit NBS, and NBS Abreeza was the only branch I was able to visit. When I asked one of the salesladies about this book, she led me to the stockroom and told me this was the ONLY available copy in the branch. Serendipity!

And that was how my weekend went. How did yours go? :-)

_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...