January 7, 2014

Davao Mommy Blog's Direction for 2014

Yesterday, I told you all about the direction I'm planning to take this year. Today, I'll talk about the direction I want my blog to take.
When I wrote a round-up of my favorite blog posts last December, I realized that my blog is a hodge-podge of personal experiences and thoughts, reviews, and Yuri updates. Many personal blogs are the same, and while this, too, is a personal blog, I itch to provide a little organization in it. Also, I want to create a blog that has a concrete purpose. Maybe it's my slight OCD that makes me want to do this, but I really want to give my blog proper and good direction.

Also, it's not in my personality to just "go with the flow." I'm a person who needs a plan.

After pondering for a while, the general direction I want to give it is raising a toddler. More importantly, the direction would be God-centered first and home-centered second. Now that Yuri will be turning 2 in just a few months from now, doesn't it make sense? While it will still contain other content, like current events and personal thoughts and views and product reviews, I came up with general categories for specific days that I will try to stick to through 2014. Here they are:

Mondays - Books and Toys of the Week
Tuesdays - The Weekend That Was
Fridays - Finance Friday (still)
Sundays - Weekend Round-up

Other categories: Toddler Reads, Toddler-Approved, Toddler OOTD, Homeschooling Updates, Monthly Fun-and-Frugal Finds

As you may notice, everything is toddler-based. The reason for this is that I'm truly enjoying raising Yuri in his current stage, which is toddlerhood. He will be a toddler for only a few years, and I surely want to remember all the aspects of this fun but challenging phase!

Also, I'm beginning to homeschool Yuri. It's nothing serious actually. Just setting aside 30 minutes or so each day (except weekends?) for free reading and exploring. I think that would be a good start, although there would be less time for me to work. Thus, the "Books and Toys" and "Toddler Reads" categories. This is also in relation to the toy and book rotation system that I'm implementing, which I will write about soon.

I will still be doing old posts, such as weekend posts, Finance Fridays, and Toddler OOTDs. I will still be reviewing stuff, but for "Toddler-Approved," I will focus on toddler stuff, such as toddler recipe, toddler toys, toddler books, toddler-friendly restaurants and places - basically anything under the sun!

Finally, I vow to be less concerned about statistics and more concerned about content. I will strive to create posts that are enlightening and inspiring and avoid writing posts that are judgmental and negative. I pray to be able to represent Jesus in my blog, which is a heavy aspiration but a noble one! Don't worry; I will try to not be preachy! Heehee!

I hope you'll still enjoy reading Davao Mommy (Mom Meets World). Thank you for the support last year, and I hope to still "see" you this new year!

_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...