January 6, 2014

Mapping Out 2014

Background image: http://pxwallpaper.com/
Last year, I mentioned that I am not into resolutions. I still am not. What I am very into, though, is planning and goal-setting. I think there is a vast difference between vaguely wanting to achieve something and actually jotting it down in something concrete like a to-do list.

I have the A-type personality so I pretty much like everything organized and written, and this helps me achieve my goals. However, there are some goals I just couldn't do because they fall off my priority list. This happens often.

For example, in my goal list last year, I found that as the months flew by, those "goals" went down lower and lower in my priority list. For instance, I had the goal of being team leader in my job (which I don't really know how to achieve), but soon enough, I realized that I'm not yet qualified to be one. Also, I don't want to be even busier than I am today! I also mentioned that I needed to "declutter," but that was before I realized how much I need to do to raise a toddler on my own. I'm not saying I don't like it; it's fun, really!

This made me realize that all the goal-planning I will do this beginning of the year won't decide what I will do for the rest of the year. God will always be in charge. However, I also know God is pleased with a person who plans and is intentional about her direction, so I pray He blesses my plans and "to-dos." Now, here is my "To-Do List" for 2014:

1. Continue reading the Bible everyday.

I used to have a daily devotional time every morning right after I wake up. However, I backslid, but that's a long story. Last November, I recommitted myself to the Lord and began reading the Bible every night (my free time) since December 1. This time, I pray it becomes a lifelong habit. That's the reason why I'm incorporating Bible verses into my blog posts almost every time now. I'm just so blessed with what I read that I'm compelled to share it with you!

2. Continue tithing, saving, and investing.

The three pillars of financial wisdom. We began tithing and saving early last year, but we only got to invest recently. I pray that we get blessed with enough provisions to consistently tithe, save, and invest every month. I also pray for more wisdom about spending and shopping. Actually, I don't have problems controlling my buying habits for my own stuff, but when it comes to things for Yuri, I can't seem to muster enough self-control! #momproblems

3. Begin homeschooling Yuri.

No, I don't plan on making him memorize letters and numbers. He's just 21 months old! Though he could recognize a handful of letters and numbers, in no means am I going to pressure him into knowing how to use them. I refuse to take the fun out of learning!

Instead, I plan to allot daily reading time. Maybe we can start from just 15 minutes. Then, it increases as his attention span increases. My primary goal is to expose Yuri to a FUN and exciting world of literature. I'm sure there would be a lot of cuddling during those reading sessions! I will also focus on making him play with open-ended (as opposed to electronic) toys, such as blocks and play dough, to encourage his imagination.

4. Know how to cook.

For real this time! So help me God. Heehee.

5. IF Yuri weans from breastfeeding, THEN I will go to the gym.

This is a conditional that depends on Yuri's unpredictableness. I have planned to go to the gym for years now, but honestly, I couldn't because of Yuri. Aside from his clinginess, he also remains to be a voracious nurses. I read that rigorous exercise creates a bad taste in milk due to amino acids, I think.

Another thing is that I'm still not very pressured to lose weight because breastfeeding still does it for me. I still burn a lot of calories lying down. Okay maybe that's just me being lazy. Not good!

6. Be slow to anger, slow to speak (and yell), and slow to judge.

I am a very flawed person, and some of my worst flaws are my quick temper, my quick (and sharp) tongue, and my quick judgment. I burnt a lot of bridges due to these flaws. I know part of this is because I am raised by unemotional and critical parents, which hardened my heart, but at the end of the day, it is my fault. It is me speaking. It is me getting angry, it is me yelling, and it is me judging, and I can't blame anyone for these faults. It is me hurting another person's feelings, and I pray that with God's grace, I'll be able to make the 180 degree change.

8. Get closer to God and make a lot of beautiful memories with my loved ones.

I'm sure these two most important "to-dos" are on your list, too. :-)
Photo: spiritualinspiration.tumblr.com
What an exciting year there is ahead of us!

PS:

Yesterday is my dear friend Teena's birthday. Happy birthday, mwre! I'm so happy you are still a constant figure in my life. We've been friends for so long, and I honestly pray we'll stay friends for many, many years. I pray that God blesses you with perfect health, better and stronger relationships, a stable career, a start-up to wealth, wisdom to know whom to trust and whom not to, courage to walk on raging waters, love to always see the positive side of things, and an unwavering faith - your beacon - that will guide you through life. I love you. Mwaaaah!


Photos grabbed from Teena's Facebook account. Hirap mong hanapan ng solo pic na ikaw ang content. :P

_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...