December 19, 2014

What Would You Do When Your Ex-Yaya Attacks You?

I was hesitant to write this post a week before Christmas but I just need to let my feelings out.

I'm so mad I'm shaking.

Despite everything she did to us, I never expected her to have the gall to insult us and personally attack us. I thought now that the ex-yaya is gone from our house, we will finally have peace and quiet. But because she's just living a few houses away from us, she's still messing with us!

Okay, before you imagine a physical tulakan and hilahan ng buhok, no, that's not what happened. After everything that happened, I doubt we will go within 5 feet away from her.

(Warning: Long post. Also, please understand if my grammar is flawed. I'm stressed haha. Correct me na lang.)

Here's what happened. We were back from carolling, which the village association does for the prizes for the Christmas party, when I saw my sister in tears at her laptop.

I saw that she was exchanging private messages with the ex-yaya who shall not be named. I quickly saw the latter cursing my 13-year old sister.

Why? Because she got angry when my sister said "LOL."

Don't believe me? Here are screenshots of the first exchange:
Sister: Di ko nga alam saan yun LOL
Ex-yaya: Hoy Coco, ang bata mo pa, wag mo akong ma-LOL LOL
Sister: Ano bang ibig sabihin ng LOL?
Ex-yaya: Matuto ka ng good manners, tumahimik ka.
Sister: ...
Ex-yaya: Ang yabang mo!Porket dati ina-under nyo lang ako, ini-easy easy nyo lang ako
Sister: Lumabas na ang totoo mong ugali, palakpakan.
Ex-yaya: Ah ganun? Sino lang ang totoong (sorry I don't understand nigas). Baka kayo! Sabi ng mga kapitbahay wala daw nagtatagal sa inyo dahil sa ugali nyo. Ikaw ang yabang2 mo na ang bata mo pa.

FACT: She was our only regular helper. She was lying.

(More after the jump.)

I was fuming reading her messages! So I quickly took the laptop from my sister and responded.Here are some more screenshots:

Me: Excuse me. Ikaw lang ang katulong naming lokaloka. Umayos ka jan ka. LOL is "laugh out loud." Para kang baliw.
Ex-yaya: Tingnan mo nanay mo oh, kahit ulan nangarolling. Galing lang sya dito, binigyan namin ng 100. Sumama ka sana para dalawa kayo. (Huh?)
Me: You shut up. Gusto mo ng kaso? Anong ginawa namin sayo? Wag kang pumatol ng bata. 100 lang? Nalakihan ka na sa 100? (Okay I'm sorry for sounding snooty, but the average amount other households give ranges from 300-1000). At kahit magkano yan, pera mo ba yan? Wag ang bata ang awayin, gusto mo ng kaaway, ako awayin mo. Baka makasuhan ka namin ng slander (forgive the bluff). Ikaw ang mayabang, walang ginawa sayo kapatid ko. Uminom ka nga ng gamot.
Ex-yaya: Alam ko anong ibig sabihin ng LOL. Ikaw ang chismosa. Ano yung pinagsasabi mong 10,000 ang utang ko? Umayos ka ha.

FACT: She paid us 7,000 for her debts, but that was the amount written in our list way back last year, 2013. She left on October, and we didn't know where to find the list because, frankly, we planned na di nalang sya pagbayarin. I'm sure her debt by that time was already more than P10,000 because she kept asking for money for "school." On an average, she asked for P1,000 per month outside her salary.

Sorry, it should be October.
Me: 7,000 ang utang mo nung January. Eh September na? (Dapat October). Baka di mo alam, umalis ka early October, bayad ka hanggang katapusan.
Ex-yaya: Ui bago ako umalis sa inyo, cleared na ako, Maan. (Note how she just calls me "Maan" even if I'm older. She also just calls my mother "Mila.") Nagbayad ako ng utang na walang listahan. 
Me: Hindi ka cleared. Pumayag nalang kami sa 7k kasi nakakapagod na. Wala ka rin namang ibabayad. Sa panaginip mo siguro cleared ka.

FACT: There was a list. She even read it almost everyday. I suspect she knows where the list really is, but it's just a hunch.

Later, since my mom's name popped up, my mother took over and told her that she should stop what she's doing because we all know how we treated her very well and should stop making up stories. This was her reply:
Me: Alam mo mag-math? 7k utang mo nung January? October 7k parin?
Ex-yaya: Kasuhan nyo ako! Di ako takot sa inyo. Sinasabi nyo wala akong utang na loob pero kayo ang walang utang na loob! Abusado kayo, umalis ako sa inyo dahil hindi kayo deserving sa serbisyo ko! 
Mother: Honey sobra ka na ha. Walang ginawa sa yo si Coco (sister). Wag kang mag-maldita dahil kung hindi dahil sa akin, hindi ka makakapag-college. Wag ka rin gumawa ng kwento...

FACT: We wanted her to leave way back in July or August. She cried and asked for my mother for another chance because she didn't want to leave.

FACT 2: She even asked us if she could still stay with us even after she graduates.


Oh my gosh, ang taas ng ita-translate.
Ex-yaya: Wag mong isali ang Dyos, baka kayo ang ma-karma. Kung mabuti pa kayo, aalis kaya ako? Noon ko pa gusto umalis dahil ayaw ko sa inyo pero pinipigilan nyo ako (lie). Halos 2 years akong nagsakripisyo sa inyo para makatapos akong mag-aral (lie: she wanted to drop out of school several times). Pero di ko na kaya mga ugali ninyo. Sabi mo di ko kaya mag-college kung wala kayo? Bakit? Diba pinagtrabahuan ko yun? Noon mabait ako pero ngayon hindi na dahil mapang-api kayo.

FACT: She doesn't go to school now. She doesn't have a dayoff at her current employer's house. The school originally didn't want to accept her, but my mother pulled some strings since we have been going there for more than 20 years now. Her salary alone also couldn't afford it. If she can go to school without asking for help, why isn't she in school now?

FACT 2: If we are truly "abusive," why would she add us as friends in Facebook a few weeks ago? If we had been abusive, I would have slapped her na for all the times my son was put in danger under her care.
She added us on Facebook a few weeks back. She added me, my mother, and even my friend George. Would you do that to someone who allegedly "abused" you? Pray tell.

Ex-yaya: Sino bang chismosa sa atin? Bakit, sino ba ang maraming kaaway dito? (Who?) Hindi nyo ako masisisi kung ganito ako. Dahil lang yan sa inyo.
Ayaw kong mag-ate sa inyo dahil di naman tayo magkaano-ano. Lahat ng sinasabi nyo tungkol sa akin. Shocked kayo? (Not really) Ang bait ni GOD sa akin dahil tinutulungan nya ako. Kasi gabi-gabi nagpe-pray ako bago ako matulog. (Huh?)

FACT: She must be referring to an ex-friend of my mother who sabotaged my mother's work and began spreading false rumors about her. Kalaban? Not quite. More like traitor.

FACT 2: Favored and blessed? As far as I know, she's the one who is a compulsive liar and taker of things.

All throughout the conversation, I also kept asking her what we exactly did to her. I recall several times (even more) when we scolded her but she was never abused and treated unfairly. She wasn't even treated as a "maid." But she never answered.

I dared her to name the "neighbors" that she said told her that "walang katulong nagtatagal sa amin" and other lies, but I never saw the answer because my sister blocked her na haha.

I'm still mad. I don't understand how a person can do this (not to mention the lying, cheating, and almost-stealing) and respect themselves. And have the nerve to include Jesus. I don't know. I know I'm supposed to forgive and be Christ-like in my thoughts and actions, and believe me, I'm trying, but it's really hard when the person attacks your family. Lalo na if you know how good your family was to her.

I did a little research and understood that we can file a complaint against her, but it would be time-consuming and magastos. A law student friend also confirmed that. But all I really want is to have her kicked out of the village and out of our lives.

Friends and readers, I need sound advice. What would you do if you were us?

_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...