December 22, 2014

Finding Closure and Moving On

I was supposed to write a post about our Christmas get-together with some of my college bestfriends, but I got home late last night from the village party and got into a petty fight with someone.

So I decide to write a closure-post to conclude my previous one.

Last Friday, I wrote about our ex-yaya who shall not be named. I really hope that will be the last time I have to mention her here. She really doesn't deserve the space.

Majority of the comments said I should file a report once and for all. We're looking into it and just waiting for stronger evidence of rumor-mongering (since she was already warned by the police a couple of months ago).

Some comments said I should block her and, to put it into Filipino, wag nang pumatol. As I mentioned in the post, we already blocked her. I know the best thing to do is to ignore her, but honestly, it's hard to do that when she's just a few houses away.

To make it worse, I suspect that a couple of neighbors, one of whom I mentioned in my previous post, are feeding her with more lies. So we're waiting for someone to come up to prove it.

But here's what God made me realize:
Source: followpics.co

Sooner or later, the people who believe their stories will realize the truth from the lies.

And I think that I should do this:

Source: ink361.com

This doesn't mean I'm putting them down. This means that because they choose to do what they are doing, they shouldn't matter in my life.

Some people will really choose to believe them; it is, indeed, easier to judge Sally than Susie. Especially if Sally is not given a chance to speak. Then again, this only helps us distinguish the people we should value and the people who don't deserve a moment of thought.

People who truly know us will find their lies and accusations absurd, and that speaks volumes. After all, how can you compare a handful of untrustworthy people to a wealth of friends?
Source: flickr.com

Most of all, God knows my heart. God knows how hard I tried to keep my employee happy and how I always included her in my prayers. God knows how we never did a single bad thing to her (nor to any of the lie-feeders). With that said, God as my witness is more than enough.
Source: steadfast-ministries.com

For now, I should work on forgiving. I have already forgiven for what she had done months ago, but (cue in music) now we're starting over again... It's a lot harder now. Lord help!


_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...