January 26, 2015

Lunch at Probinsya Buffet

Photo from Probinsya's Facebook page

Yesterday was my parents' 32nd anniversary and they planned to eat lunch at Vikings. However, I opposed because I am on a diet and may not enjoy it anyway.

Before anything else, OOTD as usual haha:
On Yuri: department store polo shirt, Circo shorts, and his new Oshkosh loafers 

Since everybody was still busy, Yuri and I just used the self-timer of the camera. We kept running back and forth, which Yuri enjoyed. No wonder I forgot I was still wearing pambahay slippers.

So anyway, they compromised and started to look for another restaurant. But Papa really wanted to eat buffet so we agreed to eat at a cheaper buffet where I can still eat without feeling sorry for wasted money.

Thus, Probinsya.
This is my only photo of the restaurant's facade because it was blazing hot outside. It is still January, isn't it?!

This is how cheap Probinsya is:

I have only eaten there once before, a quick dinner before my night-shift work, so I don't really remember a lot. I was pleasantly surprised by the delicious smell that greeted us though!

There were many people during the time, which is not ideal in taking photos of the interiors. However, here's the ceiling harhar:
And here's the buffet:
I didn't take a closer photo because I was too shy.

And here's my carnivorous plate:
I had the same plate twice (plus a dessert plate) and I estimate having eaten 800-1000 calories on that meal alone. Yikes! I didn't eat dinner that night harhar.

VERDICT:

Location: 

This is a well-known place among Davaoenos because it's very accessible. It's just among the roster of restaurants at the parking lot of Victoria Plaza.

Ambiance: 

Very Filipino and the "antique" feel of the interiors is quite romantic. It can be a bit dark though especially if you are seated way back and inside.
Food: 

The thing with Probinsya is that it only serves Filipino food. So if you don't like Filipino food, don't bother going haha. However, all of the dishes I have eaten tasted fantastic especially the caldereta and the lechon kawali. Oh, and I love the camote tops ensalada! Om nom nom.

Service: 

Service is very good, too. More often than not, buffets are "self-service," and the waitstaff wouldn't be paying attention to particular patrons. But in Probinsya, we were attended to even when we didn't ask for anything.
For example, minutes after entering, a waitress immediately gave Yuri a high-chair, which we had to ask for in other restaurants. Yuri didn't want to use it though but I was very thankful. Also, upon hearing Papa ask water from my sister, a waiter nearby got a pitcher of water right away. Again, these are little things but I often don't see initiative among waitstaff in other restaurants let alone buffets. To think that they were having a lot of customers that time.

Price: 

Price is fantastic if you're looking to save money and still want to eat buffet. At P318, and with the delicious food and good service we've had, I say you'll really get the bang for your buck. 

Have you eaten at Probinsya? How was it? 
Pampa-good vibes lang. :D



_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...