February 18, 2015

Frugal Beauty Haul from Watsons

Another perk of being a student once more (at least for me!) is having a legitimate reason to buy skincare  products and some makeup. Thus, before our classes officially started a couple of weeks ago, I went on a trip to the ever reliable Watsons to buy said beauty products.

You see, because I'm just home everyday, I didn't find the need to buy stuff for my skin. A compact of Maybelline pressed powder and a tube of either Human Nature lipgloss or classic Carmex would suffice. But I wanted to appear more "professional" in class, so I needed to buy "stuff." However, I also wanted to remain frugal so I chose to go to Watsons rather than cutesy Korean shops. Anyway, I'm rambling, so let me show you what I've gotten (I don't remember the specific prices so I'll give you a rough estimate and try to be as accurate as possible!):

1. Pond's Flawless White BB Cream
I wanted to try Holika Holika since I read Ms. Ro of Animetric's review of it. But I don't know where to find it, so I settled for a tried and tested brand. It works naman and it doesn't make my face look ghastly white. I still want to try other brands though; maybe next time, I can try a Korean brand!

A tube costs around P300, but Ponds products were marked down at P50 less, so it was just around P250.

2. Watsons Foot Peeling Mask with Papaya and Lactic Acid

I have rough skin on my feet. Yeah, TMI, I know, but it's kind of annoying because all the scrubbing in the world wouldn't make it soft and smooth; it only turns my feet's skin raw. I wanted to try Foot Appeal because it got raving reviews, but then I saw this far prettier box!

This was on sale from around P200 to just around P80. I wasn't able to try it yet but I shall make a review once I am finally able to do so.

3. Watsons Charcoal Nose Pore Strips

Another problem of mine is having blackheads and whiteheads. I've tried multiple brands, including Etude House's which I keep forgetting to review,  but I still haven't found the elixir.

This nose pack works well because it does remove blackheads (but not all). But I'm not fond of the strong smell, and I don't like how it leaves black substance on my nose afterward. If you can look past these issues, I suggest you try this because it works.

A pack of 10 costs around P120.

4. Watsons Wet Wipes

I also needed to buy travel-sized wipes, and while any kind would have sufficed, I was attracted to these wipes' cute design. They also smell good!

A pack of three travel-sized wipes costs a little over P40.

5. Nanny Rose's Queen Bee Hot/Cold Wax
Here's another confession: I shave my underarm hair. And it's taking a toll on my underarms' skin - you know. So I decided to try waxing, and since I still don't have time to go to a waxing parlor, I bought a pot of wax for home use instead.

I haven't tried this yet (again, I shall review this), but I like that it's made of natural ingredients.

A small pot costs around P100.

Actually, I'm not yet done with my frugal shopping, so I'm probably going to have a new frugal beauty haul next week. Stay tuned for that! So what about you? Any frugal beauty finds lately? :D


_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...