March 2, 2015

Here Comes March!

Can we just take a moment and revel in the fact that it's already March (yesterday)? I mean, didn't we just celebrate Christmas and New Year? Time flies!
Source: http://quotesblog.net/

February was truly a roller-coaster ride for me. First, my Comprehensive Real Estate (Brokerage) classes began last February 7, and even though I never imagined myself being in this field, I found myself enjoying every day of "school." Sometimes, I dread them especially when Atty. Raymond Batu (our lecturer for the legal aspects of real estate) threatens to hold an oral recitation, but I still enjoy our classes generally. I also realized they were nothing but empty threats haha, or maybe we just always run out of time. (I wrote a post about my life as a student here.)
A photo posted by Marie Angeli Laxa (@maanlaxa) on
I love dressing up for school.

On the other hand, I have also done major career decisions last month. I had an almost month-long hiatus from work because I needed to decide whether I want to stay with my current job or explore new opportunities.

In the end, after the hiatus and many prayers and much self-reflection, I decided to stay with my current job but drastically reduce my hours. I explored new opportunities, and now, I'm a writer for a Christian company (I'll write about it in the next days) and a freelance writer for Writer Bay. I'm enjoying my new setup so far!

However, the downside of my career move last month is the loss of income.
 
Of course, for years, I've been working full-time for one company and have been relying solely on it for my personal income, so the drastic reduction of hours I took last month also took a toll on my income. I think it reduced to almost 20%!

Nevertheless, I'm sure God will take care of us. I'm glad Job's business has been doing nicely (thank you, Lord!), so we're not totally zero. This is also one of the moments when I truly came to appreciate having an emergency fundI'm sure God provides and will continue to provide.

Another thing is my blog. I'm not sure you noticed, but I barely had time for my blog last month. I still had some blog posts, but believe me, I had to write them out of responsibility and not because I was inspired. I believe it's because of the drastic changes that occurred last month. My ranking also went down and I couldn't care less! But I'm thankful that you still get to visit my blog! Thank you! I hope I can find time to focus on my blog this month.
Source: http://www.happyday2015.com/

With all of these said, this March, I'm praying and looking forward to these things:

1. My graduation from real estate brokerage classes (Just the graduation; the board exam in May is another story!)

2. A smoother and more balanced work life (I know God provides, but I know I need to work! :D)

3. Weight loss (I forgot to tell you; I stopped working out when classes began. I'm beginning to diet again today, and I hope I will lose weight in time for our vacation. Speaking of...)

4. Our Luzon vacation! (Later this month, we'll be vacay-ing in Manila, Ilocos, Baguio, and Southern Luzon. We're excited!)

5. And last but not the least, Yuri's birthday!!! (Yuri will be turning 3 this March 26. Since that's also the last day of our vacation, we still don't have plans yet!)


I'm sure March will come with its own set of hurdles, but I'm still looking forward to it because I believe God has also prepared its set of special blessings, too. Here comes March!


_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...