January 17, 2013

Another Chance at a BDJ Planner

From the planner's back
I first bought a Belle de Jour (BDJ) planner last year. I was amazed of all the reviews it got, and sure enough, when I checked out its photos, the pages were all pretty! Plus, there were virtually unlimited coupons to fit any kind of girl. And just like that, I was sold.

I became what they call a Bella.

The two planners, side by side. Caught on camera: stubby hands taking a photo
Unfortunately, last year was the most hectic I ever had. Sure, I had no full-time job for most of the year. But due to the arrival of a little man called Y, I barely had time to take a bath, let alone write something in my planner. A few times, I heroically opened the planner, but those times were so few. So basically, the planner was left untouched.

A barely touched 2012 planner
Alright. Never touched.
And the coupons? I almost never went out last year. When I was still pregnant, I was huge and had acne (for the first time, I swear), and was too self-conscious to go to the mall. And when I gave birth, I never had time to shop (until just recently). So no, not one was used. At all.

Now, I want to give myself another chance. Surely, I won't be as busy as last year, right? Even though I now have a full-time job, I know I can find time to write things down because Y is bigger and we have a yaya. Then, I actually had a dilemma on what planner to use. Should I still avail of a BDJ planner, even when it costs higher than other planners? Should I buy cheaper planners? Should I try planners made for moms? But when I checked out the photos of the new BDJ planner, I was sold - again.

So I ordered another planner from BDJ. It arrived almost two weeks ago (so this is a late post):

Swiftly delivered by LBC. I swear, the people from LBC already know me!
The opening quote. I don't know why the text appeared curve in my photo...
BDJ 2013
Actually, my first choice was the limited edition, minimalist, leather cover. However, I think it costs too much for a planner. And the content is still the same, anyway. But I swear, I'm going to get that cover next year, if they still produce it. Anyway, here are some of my favorite planner features:

2013 Goals
Dream Board: I already have an idea of what to put in it, but I need to find a good pencil.
2013 Checklist: Can I complete them this year?
At least, I already have one number checked. :-)
Menstrual Tracker: I wasn't able to use this feature last year, but I may be able to use it now.
Gift List: Perfect for someone like me who goes overboard on buying gifts
Wardrobe Checklist: A new feature for the planner. This would come in handy when I begin my "de-cluttering"
Do I have enough styles? Do I have enough colors? This feature would really make a lot of girls giddy.
A Bills Tracker for the budget-conscious me. 

And, of course, a Cash Tracker: the only feature I abused in last year's planner.
I already started using it, which reminds me... I haven't written anything this week yet!

January 2013 :-)
Doodle-happy
I have a feeling my planner will be full of doodles.
BUT WAIT! I am disappointed with the current planner's coupons. There are less coupons that I could avail of, unlike last year's. Viviamo, if you're reading this, please take note that not all of your customers reside in the Greater Manila Area. Please, please, please partner with stores that are also available in Mindanao! Aren't we as important? *bats eyelashes*

How about you? What planner are you using? :-)

PS: Some of the photos have a pinkish tone because I took the photos against a red curtain. Bad move.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...