January 2, 2014

Snapshots of New Year's Eve

Happy New Year! I'm writing this post in bed next to Yuri. I'm on full-out holiday mode today since Yuri's yaya isn't bound to come back until this afternoon or evening. She's been on (unplanned) leave since Saturday afternoon, and it has been a real tiring almost-5 days for me. But let's save that for another post.

Our New Year's Eve didn't begin on a good note. My mom and dad had a little fight and weren't speaking by dinnertime. I thought we wouldn't eat Media Noche anymore, so I changed Yuri into a pajama outfit (I dressed him up for NYE) and went to bed. To cut the long story short, by midnight, my sister came up to tell me we were eating Media Noche, and everything was fine after that. Even Yuri who hates being woken up was in good spirits. Whew!

Without much ado, here are some photos I took of our New Year's Eve:
Our first time to make lasagna: success!
We only bought a little more than a couple of kilos of Lechon Baboy - because highblood. Heehee.
The parentals went to Digos City a day before New Year's Eve and bought a lot of kakanin from Mer's. The suman moron was love!
Due to insistent public demand (from Yuri and my sister), I made mango float again. This time, I topped it with lots and lots of mangoes!
Some of the lechon were made into paksiw. Honestly, I prefer the paksiw over the original lechon. Always!
And some caldereta, as my sister requested.

I wasn't able to take photos of the other foods my mom prepared because it was time for Yuri to take a nap. And when Yuri takes a nap, I take a nap, too. Heehee. Hindi madali maging mom 24/7!
After Yuri woke up from his nap, he resumed playing tirelessly. I had to pull him back for a second to take this pitiful selfie. :D
Our humble Media Noche spread

Our New Year's Eve celebration was somewhat like Christmas because of the gifts from Yuri's two ninangs. Thank you very much!
My son, who didn't like being woken up, lost his sleepiness and got giddy over his gifts!
Thank you, Ninang Camz, for this very pretty cloth diaper! I love it!!! Another one to add to our very little stash. (This is more a gift to me than to Yuri haha!)
And thank you, Ninang Rona, for this very nice book set! Obviously, Yuri loved it! I'm so glad I can teach him the alphabet using this easily.

(It really pays to have Ninangs who read my blog! They know what our current obsessions are, and they encourage it! Haha! Happy New Year, ninangs!)
New Year's Day


Happy new year, babe! Momma (and Daddy and Yayu and Iya and Dinda) loves you sooooo much! Thank you for being a good and smart boy (most of the time). Hahaha! I'm looking forward to creating new experiences and memories with you this year. Mwaaaah!

By the way, this is the word I received yesterday, January 1. Take note that the Bible app in my phone doesn't follow the correct date and is one month ahead (I have my reasons). So today is February 2 in the app instead of January 2. However, I strongly believe the Word is a Living Word because this is what my verse-of-the-day was:

The old (year) has passed away. Behold, the new (year) has come. For me, it means I should let go of all my bad habits (being quick to anger and judgment) and begin a new and clean slate. What wonderful blessing it this to be able to start over! Thank you, Lord! I pray that this verse also speaks to you as it does to me!

_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...