October 29, 2014

Lazada Fiasco Update: Lazada Steps Up

UPDATE AS OF JANUARY 27: No refund has been given to us nor is there apparent intent from them to do so. We'll charge this to experience.

I didn't expect my post describing our recent experience with Lazada to become that widely read. This is why I feel it is necessary to post an update (aside from the update I should provide in the post itself).

I honestly expected a canned response (again) to my email about the belt. Technically, I did because I received an email telling me the steps to follow in returning a product. No problem, we're going to do that right away.

Last night, just as I was about to print the return form, they sent us a message.

First, they offered to give us a refund and, at the same time, replace the item. I think that was a grab-worthy offer, but we declined it to avoid making the impression that we (I) complained just to get free stuff.

But I think they were truly sorry for the inconvenience the transaction caused us (no matter the item's cost) and didn't want us to go through the hassle of returning the belt (though for free). They insisted to give us a refund and let us keep the small belt instead.

So... is there anyone out there with a little waist looking for a free belt? I don't think I could use it even if I lose weight haha.

Seriously, though, I think it's rather admirable of Lazada to go through the extra mile when they could've just made us return the item and then give us a refund. I'm thinking, though, if the same thing would happen if I hadn't bogged about the incident.

Nevertheless, it's good to give the company the benefit of the doubt. But I don't think I will be buying anything from them for a long time soon. However, I will be going back to Lazada though if they achieve the following:

1. Hire competent Customer Service Representatives.

And either give a warning to the lazy ones or fire them. I can do a better job than them!

2. Create a more streamlined shipping process.

a. First, for me, it would be better to gather all items and send them as one package rather than send them separately.

b. Second, customers should be updated, NOT the other way around. We should be sent emails about the status of our orders just like other merchants.

3. Offer shorter delivery time to the provinces.

I have always been turned off by the 10-day delivery time window. I live in Davao, not Papua New Guinea. Besides, I often receive orders from other sellers within 1-2 days.
..............

I think that's it. Do you have more suggestions for Lazada? I think it's possible that they will also get to read this. :-)



_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...