January 27, 2014

Yuri Speaks Phrases and Other Stories

Good morning! Monday na naman ulit. Thankfully, I had a good weekend. This past weekend was a double whammy because Saturday was my parents' anniversary (31st?) while Sunday was Yuri's 22nd month.

Did I just say Yuri was already 22 months old? Oh wow how fast does time fly?
Like what I mentioned a few weeks ago, I already stopped tracking words. He's learning in a steady stream and I'm pretty sure he know around 200 words already. Nice one, late walker! Hee hee #justkiddingaround

But what he did lately is speak in phrases. Actually, here's a piece of advice to new moms: they won't be recognizable phrases at first. They're just a string of two words spoken separately. They're not spoken in a flowing manner like how we adults do it - at least in my experience. I didn't think Yuri was speaking in phrases at first, but as he repeated them, I realized the words made sense and were used as a pair. Eureka!

Here are some of the phrases I remember Yuri saying:

- kuwin apay (kunin tinapay)
- abas tayo (labas tayo)
- kuwin tubig (kunin tubig)
- ebe tayo (Time for bed - the book - tayo)
- tati pis (cookie please)
- dede tayo (dede tayo!)

If you think toddlers saying words are cute, wait until they speak in phrases. Absolutely adorbs!

Last Saturday, I read Abreeza's Instagram post about Gonuts Donuts' buy 6 take 6 promo for only P216. Of course, the kuripot in me couldn't resist. So that afternoon, we had a variety of sinful donuts! Unfortunately, I wasn't able to take a photo of all the donuts. Here's a poor shot I managed to take:
My mom also made spaghetti. Yum! No photos, though. So much for dieting!

(The kids - my sister and my son - and I were at home the whole Saturday. Mama and Papa were in Cafe Laguna in Abreeza. Did they have an anniversary date? Hmm)

Then on Sunday, we heard mass (we regularly go to SM's mass now). Although belief-wise I consider myself a Born Again Christian, because I'm still living under my parents' roof, I wholeheartedly adopted some Catholic practices like going to mass and doing the sign of the cross during mealtime prayers. Remember: Honor your mother and father. But that's beside the point.

Anyway, last Sunday, I genuinely enjoyed the service because the priest's homily was very Biblical and Gospel-focused. I like how he preached about Jesus as "the one" and how we only need to accept that the Work was already done at the Cross for salvation. He also called for repentance not to make way for the Lord as in the time of John the Baptist but repentance because the Kingdom is already at hand. Finally, he called for us to be "Credible Christians." He clarified that he did not mean "credible Catholics" but "credible Christians" as in "credible believers of Jesus."

And I was like, wow, this is my kind of priest!
I don't mean to imply something bad about priests but from experience, I noticed many tend to be very legalistic and religion-centered, and this is wrong because Jesus is not a religion. Like what the priest said (I wish I knew his name), we should not divide Jesus Christ.

My uniform: No Apologies polo shirt, River Island jeans, Crocs shoes
Yuri's chilly morning getup: Koala Baby longsleeves, Baby Mossimo jeans, Children's Place shoes, SM Dept. Store suspenders
I'm also glad the homily really corresponded to what I shared with my sister the day before, which I will write about in a future post.

SM Lanang Premier's atrium was also decorated for Chinese New Year. Some of my batchmates are in charge of the mall's lovely seasonal decorations. And each time the mall changes "theme," we also take photo ops!
So what else did we do? Oh, we went to National Bookstore again. It's becoming a habit for us. My dad goes straight to the autobiographies section, my mom to the inspirational section - and the sale racks - and my sister to arts and crafts. Meanwhile, Yuri and I enjoy the children's section. Unfortunately, the selection is little in NBS SM Lanang, and we didn't find anything cashier-worthy.

On the other hand, I had a great find that I will show to you at the end of the month!

We also had lunch of course. My mom wanted to eat at Mesa. However, because we were at a Unicef stand and were very hungry and were very near the Sky Garden, we asked to eat at good old Giligans instead. No fancy shmancy food for the starving!

After that, I let Yuri play in Toy Kingdom. Yes, like in National Bookstore, nothing was brought to the counter again. Poor boy!
(I'm sorry, Yuri, but you have a lot of toys and books pa at home!)

So that's basically how my weekend went. How did yours go?

*Sorry for the poor photos. I miss my camera. Huhu.
_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...