July 11, 2014

Green Eggs and Ham! And Red Rice!

And homemade oatmeal cookies. And fish. And native chicken. And lots of fruits and vegetables.

That's what I have been eating these past days. (Of course, except the green eggs and ham. But I'll get to the green eggs part later.)

I know I promised to make a followup post for Finance Friday today. You see, last week, I talked about the secret key to wealth. It is not my mostly read post so far, but it garnered some of the widest and meaningful reactions in social media. It is also one of my most widely shared posts. And that's great! This is because it means that a lot of us are becoming more aware (or more concerned) of our actions and how it can affect us in the long-term.

Then, I promised that this week, I will talk about the tips that one can use to utilize the power of that "secret key." But I've been churning out one heavy post after the other this week, and I can't manage the weight anymore! I really need to write something light muna!

Monday - School Blues
Wednesday - Priest vs. Single Mom
Thursday - Bad Influence

So, again, let's talk about something light for a change? What about our diet change? Hee hee.

Since the beginning of this month, we have begun eradicating processed foods from our diet. It is a hard change since we all have been using processed foods since, well, birth. What fueled it is my parents' 11-day diet plan. They consulted this clinic, had a complete body analysis, and received a specific diet plan good for 11 days. Of course, damay-damay na. And I'm so happy because my Balik-Alindog program was "naudlot" and I can finally continue it without the temptations around!

I'll talk about our specific diet changes in a future post (I need to compile more photos first). For now, here are some of the "major" changes we've done:

Any household with a toddler would know how important cookies are. Please tell me you're agreeing with me!
I mean, it's the best snack for a toddler (especially one as active as mine!) because he can carry a piece while running around. Kids!

But we completely removed grocery-bought cookies from our grocery list for 2 weeks now. Yay! And it's for the better! These cookies we baked are a lot yummier! Pictured above is a latch-lid jar containing oatmeal cookies, chocolate oatmeal cookies, and raisin shortbread.


We also removed white rice from our diet. As Filipinos, it's really hard to remove rice completely, so what we did was look for alternatives. These include the more popular ones like brown rice, red rice (pictured above), and even the humble mais (for my dad who doesn't like brown rice).

There are more diet changes pa, which I would hopefully get to write about next week!

So what is the green egg that I mention in my post title? Yesterday, I saw this on our front yard:


It was just a small egg, and I'm pretty sure it was an egg since a yellow yolk surrounded it. But don't you think that the color is sooo pretty? My first thought was that all I need was ham and I could've been in a Dr. Seuss rhyme! Haha! I wanted to save the egg for myself, but I think it would smell nasty... so... I just took a picture. Oh the color is just so pretty!

Do you know what kind of bird lays green eggs? Do tell! And what diet changes have you made lately?


_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...