August 13, 2014

What's Up Wednesday

Yes, I have chubby, baby hands. You can say it to me - just not to my face, okay?

If I were asked what my secondary needs are, I'd probably say the first is an internet connection. If you work from home like me, you understand why!

But I lost internet connection yesterday. And my backup internet, my SmartBro, was very weak and wasn't much of a help. So even though I wanted to work, I had to be absent yesterday.

Which actually turned out to be a good thing. Not the missing-work part but the away-from-the-laptop part! Because yesterday, I was able to do three things for the first time: make moonsand, play with Yuri, watch a fun movie, and attend a focused group discussion (the details of which I won't divulge).

When I realized the SmartBro wasn't getting me anywhere, I knew I had to miss work. So I turned the TV on and tried to "relax." But even though there was an interesting show, I couldn't sit still. In other words, aligaga. I wanted something to do and remembered the sand we collected from Samal last summer. I checked our pantry and saw cornstarch. I thought I'd finally do the project I've been meaning to do all summer.
And boy do I not regret it! The moonsand was very easy and fun to make and Yuri had a blast playing with it.

Is Yuri left-handed?

He played with it for over an hour. The only reason he stopped was because I forced him to because it was already bathtime.
So if you want your kid/s to play on their own for hours, make them moonsand! For materials and instructions, watch out for my post later this week.
After bathtime, we ate our lunch and then it was Yuri's naptime. He slept from 1pm to past 4pm yesterday!

While he was sleeping, I watched "The Green Hornet." It was my first time to watch and I thought it was just another superhero movie (which I wasn't very fond of), but I was pleasantly surprised to know that it wasn't. I had so much fun watching it!
Image: impawards.com

Plus the fact that Jay Chou was so pogi playing Kato didn't hurt. I have a new peg na naman for grownup Yuri haha!

Then the last highlight of my day was attending a focused group discussion. I didn't take any photos of the venue, Seda Hotel, because there were so many people. Kadayawan is in the air na! But I did take a photo of my food:
Again, I had so so much fun talking and listening and learning new things that we were all disappointed when it ended right away. 

I got to go home with sooo much goodies that I couldn't carry it alone. I didn't take photos anymore, but I got to take home a lot of groceries that would last us until Christmas (hehe exaggerating lang), a bag and pouches, a clothes hamper, an umbrella,vitamins, and more.

They really weren't kidding when they said "generous tokens." Oh, and we had cans of this, too:
We try not to eat canned food anymore, but seriously, who can resist Spam? Nomnomnom!

And that was how my Tuesday went. I did three things for the first time in one day - achievement unlocked! What about you? What's up?

_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...