October 5, 2014

Android 4.4: Asus Zenfone 4


Image: ibtimes.com

A couple of days ago, I read that Android 4.4 (KitKat) update was already available for Asus Zenfone 4 users in certain countries. I forgot what countries in particular, but Philippines wasn't part of the first batch. I also don't know why the update was only available for Zenfone 4, but maybe it's now available for Zenfone 5 and 6?

Anyway, yesterday afternoon, I finally received a notification alerting me that the update was already available for my phone, so if course, I immediately complied.

I waited for maybe around 30 minutes to download the update and another 10 to install it; it was quite heavy at around almost 600mb? I excitedly looked at my phone to see the difference...

... Which was almost none. Haha! Well, there were slight differences such as the color. For example, the color tones were cooler as opposed to the original warm tones. The status bar also became transparent. Or maybe I just didn't see any big difference because I was using a Go Launcher theme?

Aside from that, I also noticed new Asus apps installed in my phone such as Data-to-Data Transfer and PC Link. If I read the descriptions correctly, virtual connections can be made between machines, which can be really useful in presentations. Of course, new apps are also accessible from the Play Store such as the Google and Nexus cameras.

But the biggest, most important change the update brought to me is this: longer battery life! I swear I didn't even see that coming. I read in some forums some speculations about the improvement of Asus Zenfone 4's battery life (which can be ridiculously short), but those are just speculations. But I noticed that my battery life improved a LOT and I didn't even have to use my battery-saving app. For example, by 11PM, I usually am prepared to call it a night because my battery is already dying, but look at this screenshot:

And I didn't change a single thing in my usage. Amazing! Now it's already 12 midnight, and I still have 46% battery: a far cry from before. Just because of this reason alone, I'm already living Android Kitkat!

What about you? Have you updated to Android 4.4? What are your thoughts on it?

PS: I noticed pala one more cute change. The emojis are now colored! :D


Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:
rss_bunny
Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
posted from Bloggeroid
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...