October 30, 2014

Snapshots from our First Trick-or-Treat

I'll be upfront and tell you I have mixed emotions about joining Trick-or-Treat. Even now that it's already over and done with, I'm still asking God if I did the right thing. I know dressing up in a costume (a wholesome costume) and getting free candy from the neighbors aren't inherently evil, but I can't help but think it's not the best practice to do for a Christian.

But I'll talk more about these convictions tomorrow. Today, I'm still sooo tired from last evening's activity, so I'll just show you photos from the neighborhood trick-or-treating!

THE COSTUMES
Pirate

DISCLAIMER: I didn't have a say about my sister's costume - in fact, I wanted us to come as sailors (sailorettes?) haha - but obviously that didn't win, so I just prayed a prayer of protection. Not because I think my sister is participating in something evil but because I don't want the devil to take advantage.

Witch

THE DECORATION

DISCLAIMER: I am not in favor of the Halloween decorations in our house. However, my mother is a major officer, and they planned to decorate their homes for Halloween. Since I am still living at their house (as we're still paying for our own house), I don't have the final say in this.

THE FRIENDS
Yuri was having a great time playing with his friends until some older kids came wearing gross, gory costumes.

UH-OH...

THE PROGRAM BEGINS

THE FRIENDLY TRICK-OR-TREATING

AND THE AFTERMATH

AND SOME.

Again, I'll talk about my insights on Halloween and I'll try to talk about it in the most objective manner (and I hope you'll care haha). For now, I'm going to rest work. Happy Thursday!

_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...