December 6, 2014

What You Were Like When You Were 32 Months

I began this blog a little over 2 years ago mainly to document my life as a mother, my life with Yuri. I imagine that in the future, he can read this blog and say, Oh that's what I used to do! Or What? My mother did what?!

But I realize it's been a long time since I really wrote about him. I think the last time I fully devoted a post to just talking about Yuri was during his second birthday. He's 32 months old now!

I miss writing about my little boy so I'll be doing it now.

The Little Big Boy
At 32 months, I feel grateful to be yaya-less. Why? I am able to see all of his single accomplishments. Yes, I have always been a WAHM but Yuri was not under my direct care when I work so even though I witnessed all the major milestones, there were little victories that I didn't get to see.

At 32 months, sometimes, when we're alone in the house, I feel like I'm with an older boy, not a toddler. Apart from the continuous explosion of words, the personality is becoming much clearer: perfectionism that needs taming, patience that needs a lot of improvement, obedience that needs to be more consistent, and an overprotective spirit that will benefit his lady someday.

I have no problems with sharing yet. He shares his toys even when the playmate sometimes just grabs a toy from him. No fits, no tantrums. He does forlorn for a moment but when I tell him to just play with another toy, he does happily. At home, even when it's the last bite of his favorite food, he would gladly give it to any of us! (We're not heartless enough to actually eat it haha.)
And I also see a toddler with a genuine love for learning (doesn't every child?), a child who just doesn't stop moving, and a little boy whose passion for trucks doesn't wane.

Stuck with Trucks

Speaking of trucks, at 32 months, he can name several. I can only think of two or three kinds of trucks, but I think he already knows at least 10. Crane, mini-loader, big rig, skid loader, tow truck, mail truck, delivery truck, digger, bulldozer. Etcetera etcetera.

Camera Ham

And at 32 months, he has mastered the art of making faces at the camera. I know a lot of kids who have done this earlier - some already know how to pose at 1 - but Yuri just didn't have the patience to actually stop in front of the camera. Now I'm glad that he knows to smile for a picture and even make some wacky photos!

Letting Go - One Doorknob at a Time

What else? I'm amazed at what he can do all by himself. One thing I learned as a full-time mom of a boy is not to offer help unless he asks for it. And because of that, I'm constantly amazed. I learned that he can already open door knobs without assistance (and remove the pinch guard ugh) and he can get his own food from the kitchen. I learned he can wear and remove his own shoes and can get them and return them to the shoe cabinet. Things like that.

Oh and I also learned that he can operate the laptop, the phone and the tablet all by himself, which is not exactly great news for me, the owner!

If you have always let your children do their own thing without help, I'm sorry for we had been spoiled by having a yaya who feel pressured to do things for the kid.

(In times when he does need help, he'd just say "Help mom." I don't know why he's calling me "mom" na!)

Sensory Issues

However, he still has sensory issues where "intense" things frighten him. Despite being loud himself, loud music just scares him. Ditto crowds, new places, and strange-looking things. I have this issue myself so it's really not a surprise.

He also remains to be very sensitive. Play a mellow song and he will tear up. I'm not even talking about ballads; I'm talking "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star."

Love in the Time of Cartoons

His language of love may be touch. He always touches people. When I scold him, he will desperately encircle his little arms around me, saying "Hug! Hug!" while crying.

I also learned that he, undoubtedly, inherited his parents' trait of being a people pleaser. When I ask him to eat his food, he does but not before saying "Tapos happy ka?"

When we read his Bible at night and he's not in the mood to do so, I say Jesus would love to see him read his Bible. After reading, he would say, "Tapos happy Jesus?"

He has also grown to be affectionate. With prodding from me, he would hug and/or friends we bump into. Without prodding, he would hug and kiss us at home. Also without prodding, he would make kissy sounds to his dad over the phone. Mwah!
And that's what your are like, dear Yuri, my smart, curious, and sensitive child, at 32 months.



_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...