July 29, 2014

Confessions of a Recluse Blogger

I've been turning down event invites left and right.

What a haughty thing to say, right? The truth is that I do get flattered that I get invitations because I'm a solo blogger who doesn't belong to any physical organization. Thus, even if I'm not a "social" blogger or an "events" blogger, whenever I do get invited, I try to honor it.

But lately, I've been turning down invitations. It's easier to say that I'm just feeling lazy, but honestly, I jump at the chance to get out of the house and try to doll up for a change! So what are my reasons?

Well, first, there's this issue about our schedule. I'm not really addicted to my job itself but more to the routine, you see? If I don't get to finish reviewing many essays, I get fidgety and feel like my day is incomplete. I'm routine-aholic. My little household, which includes me, Yuri, and his yaya, are also routine-aholic and we follow the same schedule daily. We don't even just try; we thrive in following the schedule. Thus, when an event is thrown in, we feel off-balance!

Second, I don't know anybody. Really! I wasn't kidding when I said I'm a solo blogger. You see, most of the events here are attended by a slew of bloggers from Davao Bloggers Society. Most of the time, organizers only contact them. Sometimes, though, they invite solo bloggers like me. Even though I can manage to take care of myself, it's pretty "nakaka-OP" to be the odd one out!

Third, these days especially, the weather has become less summery and more precipitation-y. This was actually the reason why I didn't attend an event last Friday. If it was just me, I could go. Hindi naman ako natutunaw sa ulan. But since Yuri is with me, I can't risk it.

Fourth, when an even invitation comes up, apart from the weather, I have to think of so many things. I can't just say yes right away! Why? I need to figure out whether I can bring Yuri with me or not. If I can bring him with me, his yaya should go, too, so where can they stay during the event? Will the event organizers allow them in the first place?

If I can't bring Yuri along, where will he stay? I have never left him alone with his yaya ever (except for the time I left the house for 20 minutes), and I may never feel comfortable in doing so. Will his grandparents stay home? Can they watch over yaya while she watches over Yuri?

Obviously, it's the last reason that just prompts me, most of the time, to decline invites. Next is the third. The last thing on my mind is the second. Now I'm pretty sure they don't feel my "absence" anyway, but maybe the organizers can take this post as some sort of a public apology? I may really be more of a recluse home blogger than a social events one.


_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...