January 30, 2013

My Love's Birthday

To Daddy:

It's your 2_th birthday yesterday. (Fill in the blank na lang hehe). I intended to write a birthday post for you the day before yesterday, but I seriously could not think of anything to write. And yes, after the delay, that's the best title I can come up with. Too cheesy. Teehee.

It's the third birthday you're celebrating with me and the second birthday we're celebrating as an official couple. And year after year, I still find myself at a loss for the right words to say to you. I couldn't settle on just "good enough." You deserve only the perfect words.

So I'll say what I need to say. First, I am sorry. I'm sorry for never being as patient as you are. I'm sorry for always picking fights. But you need to understand, Dy. I just love being wooed by you. And I'm glad you know that. :D

More importantly, thank you. "Thank you for loving me." - These are the exact words you told me almost two years ago. But it's me who needs to say these words. Thank you for being such a loving person to me and a doting dad to Y. Thank you for understanding our situation. A lesser man would have given up a long time ago, but you proved to me that you are not the lesser man. Thank you for persevering. You are not perfect at all, Dy, but thank you for trying to be the best man you could be.

Most of all, I love you. Please know that I can never love you more than I love my God or our son, but you're the only one I love this way. And I plan to keep on loving you this way, Dy.

To my best friend, my lover, my confidante, my inspiration - to the love of my life, happy birthday. :-)

Love,
Mommy

Hello there, mini version of me!
PS:

Sorry for the grainy photo. All our pictures are in my old memory card, which my old cellphone mercilessly killed. The rest are already printed, and I didn't have time to scan them. So I grabbed a photo from your phone. Hehehe.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...